Found Camera - stage.com - Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

try this:

"*stage.com"+florida

or "*stage.com"+florida+scuba

A little narrower.

I did, no luck. :(

What about that cut-off letter in white? The only one I can think of that has that shape on the right side would be a "U", but it doesn't source anything, either.

the letter in front of stage can only be a ( U I J H N l ) or a number 1

the letter in front of stage can only be a ( U I J H N l ) or a number 1

Given that it curves on the bottom, that leaves U or J, but it doesn't come up.

I may be completely off base about this but does the architecture look like anything in the southern hemisphere or Mexico? I have been all over Mexico and South America....this almost looks a little middle eastern. Check out the background on the first picture. And the palms don't look like those of the Mexican Riviera or even the Bahamas. What a great mystery! Good hunting and please keep us posted.

Diving (aluminum) doubles, in a tropical location. Could it be Mexico? :idk:

That would be my thought, particularly given the buildings. What a great puzzle....hope someone seeing the pictures will recognize the location.

The people appear to be European, so the German would make sense.

If one happens to have a transcend memory card reader (they cost between about $3 and 7), they have a free memory card image recovery software here:

Transcend Photo Recovery Tool

I've tried it with a card that I simply removed photos from, and it worked, so that might be a simple option.

The people appear to be European, so the German would make sense.

Second picture has a man in the back-ground in speedos. (Screams European :wink:

....this almost looks a little middle eastern.

Cressi anything and non-integrated weights say that to me as well. That and the Speedos on the background.

And a place you might find a yellow Chevy pick-up, too.

A lot of lighting on those poles... an OPEC country?

Are those tanks, what? Singles? What size/material?

Any U/W images that would be indicative of a geographic locale?

Given that it curves on the bottom, that leaves U or J, but it doesn't come up.

Or a lower case d, based on the shape of the font.

I *think* the tire says Dunlop..
The Dunlop website has the following country options:
USA (default)
Canada
UK
Japan
Australia
Netherlands
Italy
Germany
France
Austria
Switzerland.

If I remember correctly, the white stuff on the lower half of the trees was common in the Netherland Antillies (Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao).

-Scott

Last edited:
Although we'd like to think this thing drifted from somewhere else in the Caribbean,
Occam's Razor would suggest it was more likely lost in the Keys not far from where it was found. However, the OP didn't think any of the photos looked like the Keys.

The tanks in the truck bed are doubles with wings, and that might be a DIN first stage on one of them. Assuming they're rentals, this suggests maybe deco or cave diving, which limits the number of places and suppliers. Mexico again pops to mind for it's cave diving. If it's the Mayan Riviera, some of those resorts have pretty oddball combinations of architecture.

In the beach photo, there's a pay phone in the background, with a white phone image on blue background, on the sides. Looks sort of American in style, although the firehose box on the end of the residential building looks less so.

The truck looks like it's maybe a left hand drive.

*stage.com implies the area may be English-speaking.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom