Found Camera - stage.com - Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Although we'd like to think this thing drifted from somewhere else in the Caribbean,
Occam's Razor would suggest it was more likely lost in the Keys not far from where it was found. However, the OP didn't think any of the photos looked like the Keys.

This, I am certain of. I've lived in the Keys 13 years. The building on the left looks like any, but the building in the background with the blue rounded roofs is definitely not in the Keys. Plus, we just don't have beaches as nice as the one in the second photo. Our beaches are very shallow.

The Loop Current comes up from Honduras, and passes Belize and the Yucatan before circling through the middle of the Gulf of Mexico and down to the Keys. I think it is from one of those locations, or even the west or northwest coast of Cuba.

Last edited:
This is a complete shot in the dark....but there is a group called "Laststage.com" around Lake Alfred Florida. I know the letters don't work well but they are a movie set company not far to far from the Keys. I looked for a picture/logo/vehicles on their site to no avail but there is a name with an email address. You might send them a note...it would be very interesting.

You might contact Diving Services UK

Their site shows a "ustage" or underwater stage. They provide diving film services among other things. Based in the UK so the european theory fits. See if the two guys in front of the truck are theirs.

That was a really good lead. Unfortunately, it did not check out. Thanks, anyway.

I can't get the camera to turn on. I had to put the memory card in my own camera to view them.

What are the dates on the original photographs?

There is also a group in Pensacola by the name of "Mainstage.com". Good luck.....I actually have a job that I must look in on.:D

Another possibility to consider is that the mysterious "****stage.com" might have nothing whatsoever to do with diving.
That may be someone's work pickup pressed into gear-hauling service.

Aquahound,

I know you're concerned about the owner's privacy but I can almost guarantee you they're far more interested in getting the photos and camera back than in giving up some privacy.

The more info you post here the more likely one of us will recognize something. Hold a couple of the photos so the owner can describe them to you to verify that they are, in fact the owner.

Outside of that, post the photos.

I agree that the two guys in front of the yellow pickup truck look European. Not sure why, but I'm certain. So does the guy in the water, and the blatant Speedos on the guy in the background tend to confirm that.

But the Chev? Chevrolet is marketing more and more cars in Europe, as a niche brand; but those tend to be Korean-made compact sedans... pickups are certainly not popular in Europe. Not sure about the Middle East, despite the architecture of the blue-domed buildings. Plus anyone recognize the make of the bronze sedan in the background? Lexus? Infiniti? Not that common in Europe either.

Aquahound, any more info on the language in the classroom photo? Again, if we can confirm it's German, that along with the appearance of the guys would make me confident enough to post something on taucher.net. But if it's, say, a Nordic language, I wouldn't do that.

I know you're concerned about the owner's privacy but I can almost guarantee you they're far more interested in getting the photos and camera back than in giving up some privacy.

You got it. When I get home this evening, I'll post more of the photos.

Plus anyone recognize the make of the bronze sedan in the background? Lexus? Infiniti? Not that common in Europe either.

Aquahound, any more info on the language in the classroom photo? Again, if we can confirm it's German, that along with the appearance of the guys would make me confident enough to post something on taucher.net. But if it's, say, a Nordic language, I wouldn't do that.

I thought the back of the bronze sedan looked like a Buick LeSabre.

As noted above, I'll post more photos when I get home, including the one with the writing on the wall.

The more I chat with you folks, the more I am interested in this. Our combined minds make a great sleuthing team!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom