Found Camera - stage.com - Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I sent you an PM asking if you know how to check the dates the pics were shot, offering help. Since you're new here, I hope you saw the PM (private message)

I'm thinking you found a new (used) camera for yourself. Finders keepers at this point. You've done due diligence, haven't you?

The more I chat with you folks, the more I am interested in this. Our combined minds make a great sleuthing team!

Yea, no doubt! Probably the best thread I've seen on Scubaboard in quite a while!

I sent you an PM asking if you know how to check the dates the pics were shot, offering help. Since you're new here, I hope you saw the PM (private message)

Got it! The memory stick is at home. I'll check the pictures tonight. If I can't figure it out, I'll e-mail 1 or 2 to you. Thanks for your help.

It seems like scubaboard stripped the exif data when you uploaded it. Here is a site that you can use to check it. They may have embedded a copyright or something like that depending on the camera that might create a lead.

Jeffrey's Exif viewer

I'm thinking you found a new (used) camera for yourself. Finders keepers at this point. You've done due diligence, haven't you?

Hey, are you trying to ruin our Internet Mystery Theater??? :rofl3:

I can't get the camera to turn on. I had to put the memory card in my own camera to view them.

Have you tried plugging in the camera with a USB cable to see if it will charge off a computer port?

The other thing you can do is call the manufacturer of the camera and provide them with the serial number on the camera. If the person that bought it, registered the warranty, the company should have a record of the owner.

Hey, are you trying to ruin our Internet Mystery Theater??? :rofl3:

Not at all! It's interesting and I hope it's not a exercise in futility, however I suspect the latter.

Not at all! It's interesting and I hope it's not a exercise in futility, however I suspect the latter.

You're probably right :(, but imagine the FUN if someone recognizes the photo! :dance3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom