Found Camera - stage.com - Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What is that in your hand, did he present you with a plaque?

What is that in your hand, did he present you with a plaque?

Yes. The plaque is in the shape of Aruba. That is a sea turtle on the left, the shield of the Aruban Coast Guard on the right, and the center engraving includes the 3 significant dates of this case......date camera lost, date of turtle video, and date camera found.

In the picture, he is also handing me a book called The Propeller, written by Dan Jensen. The book tells of the recovery of a propeller by Dick de Bruin and team from the sunken laker, SS Oranjestad. I've already read the book and was intrigued by the attack on Aruba by a German u-boat during WWII. It's pretty good reading.

That is SO COOL!!!! :thumb:

I did a search, didn't see this posted yet. On CNN today.
Sort of an echo event (without the detective work), and scuba related:

CNN.com - Breaking News, U.S., World, Weather, Entertainment & Video News

A marine diving off Guantanamo lost a backpack with money, Id, etc.
It was found off the Louisiana coast and returned.
Too easy! ID enclosed.

I doubt it traveled west along the northern coast of Cuba as that's into the Gyre. It must have gone south, then west toward Cancun, then around to LA.

Neat story...!

This is by far the best thread I have ever read on Scubaboard.

It gives me hope that I will someday be reunited with my camera lost at sea in Aruba.

Since jar546 resurrected this thread on Thanksgiving I have been constantly drawn to it and reading it. I finally finished all 598 posts, 60 pages watched the video and some other post sleuthing activities along the way too. Wish I was active back then and I love some of the ideas for identifying your equipment that was brought up.

Oh and the youtube video is up to 2,667,820 views, still pretty good!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom