Fourth Element Argonaut 3.0

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Calatinus

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all

Already exploring my options for a new drysuit (as mine was stolen Friday and chances of getting it back are almost inexistent), I came across the Argonaut 3.0, the newest (and currently only) flagship from Fourth Element.

Anyone owning this one already? If so, thoughts? How does it compare to other drysuits you may have owned?

I'm currently in doubt between this one and a Santi Elite+. Thoughts? Currently not a lot of sharp, rocky environments, but lots of shoreline entries with sharp rocks, clams and oysters there. And very interested in getting into cave diving later on.

-C.

I bought mine used and the only issue was a wet left foot that was easily and inexpensively repaired. I have the SiTech replaceable neck seal and replaceable silicone wrist seals. I found it easy to put on and take off and allows for full movement. I have to say I am quite happy with it. Price wise ALL the good suits are expensive so that is not a factor. I would definitely consider buying another one if I am still colsd water diving when the time comes

I have had my Argonaut 2.0 for a year and a half (~150 dives) now, still really like it. No problems whatsoever with leaks, and the mobility is great.

Locally, we’re almost all shore diving with rocky entrances, and a lot of people with Santi suits need to replace the boots frequently. Fourth Element suit with neoprene socks seems to be much more durable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom