Freediving Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Xaryo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have recently started freedivig. And I'm looking to equip myself.

Is there dive computer specifically designed for freediving?

I'm not looking for a scubadive computer, I've got 2 good tech ones, but is it has bottom timer function and/or recreationnal diving functions, it is ok, but i'm looking specifically for a freedive computer.

And spare me the "go practice before byuing" and "you don't need that to start freediving" discours, I know them, scubadiving style. I'm of the type "buy once, cry once".

I was using an Oceanic Geo which I lost off Carmel kayaking. I now use an Aeris F11.

Aeris F.10 Freedive Watch

I have data cable for my Geo if it ever washes up on the beach. I need to find one for my Aeris.

You might want to post something on spearboard or deeperblue. However, the majority of the freedivers that I have seen use the Suunto D4. I personally owned the Aeris F11 but found it overly complicated. The beeps were a constant annoyance through out the dives as I intuitively new my depth and time. The F10 that cmburch uses has received many praises but I don't know if you can still buy it, as it AUP has consolidated its brands, leaving Oceanic and Hollis as the only two offerings.

These days, I just take my Subgear XP-3G (rebranded Scubapro TEC 2G). It's bungeed around my wrist and doesn't move.

O.

I have recently started freedivig. And I'm looking to equip myself.

Is there dive computer specifically designed for freediving?

I'm not looking for a scubadive computer, I've got 2 good tech ones, but is it has bottom timer function and/or recreationnal diving functions, it is ok, but i'm looking specifically for a freedive computer.

And spare me the "go practice before byuing" and "you don't need that to start freediving" discours, I know them, scubadiving style. I'm of the type "buy once, cry once".

Give us a call and we can talk about the F-10 or F-11 Computers. Very popular freedive computers..

Aeris F.10 Freedive Watch

MAERISF10-2T.jpg

I was looking at the Cressi free diving computer today. For $400 it seems to do everything I would like.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom