Fusion DryCORE - Tech vs. Bullet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CruJones

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Is there an actual difference between the DryCORE inner between the Tech and the Bullet suits?

I had planned to get the Bullet, but my LDS checked with AquaLung who told them that I should go with the Tech based on my size (my stats sit squarely in the middle of each range for the 4XLplus, but with size 15 feet so no Fusion boots or Evo3).

From what I've heard, the Bullet skin will fit the Tech suit and vice versa. If the DryCORE inner is the same then I should just get the Tech, as per AquaLung's recommendation, knowing that at a later date, when I need to replace the skin, I can consider getting the Bullet skin, and it will be the same as just getting the Bullet drysuit.

The bullet skin is all neoprene and less stretch than the rec skin. If I remember I will post the pics or video from me doing my Michelin man impression in my fusion the suit is surprisingly huge for as tight as it fits when you overinflate it on the surface.

The dry core is standard, and you put whatever skin you want on it. I didn't like the Bullet skin, because it diminished the mobility that was part of the beauty of the suit. The tech skin is definitely a compromise, but it's very workable, and you retain good flexibility with it.

Less stretch on the Bullet with much more durability.
I went from a Fusion Sport to a bullet by simply replacing the skin.

At a later stage I replaced the core as well in order to have the SLT silicone seals and now have two complete suites.
The tech and sport version is more comfortable and flexible than the bullet, but the bullet looks "bad ass"!

I dive primarily cave and have pushed plenty restrictions with my bullet and it is strong!

I would recommend also testing the SLT system. I prefer it to the latex seals. The neck seal is a bit weird though.

The new Aqualung versions have zips down the legs that will aid you getting in and out.

I can't speak authoritatively about the newer suits, but I have an older model that started life as a Fusion Sport. It has since been upgraded to the Fusion Bullet. Everything works exactly as intended with one exception. The Sport Drycore did not have velcro spots to attach to the pockets to hold them up and keep them from sagging. The skin did, however come with velcro tabs that were meant to be glued to the Drycore to upgrade it. I did glue the tabs on without any issues. I would think that nowadays those velcro points come on all the Drycores, but I can't say for sure. I can't think of anything else that would be different.

Back
Top Bottom