Fusion Drysuit Sizing For Tall, Thin Guy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pogonotroph

Registered
Reaction score
So I'm looking to make the leap into "cold" water diving up here in the Puget Sound. I have been reading user reviews of various drysuits, and have gravitated towards the Whites/Aqualung Fusion drysuits due to their rave reviews, wide availability (of used suits), and promise that they deliver a "custom fit" to various body sizes due to the unique design.

I am 6'5", 190 lbs, with a 32" waist, 36" inseam, and 36" arm length. I'm looking for feedback from other tall divers who have experience with Fusion drysuits.

My question: would I fit better in a L/XL fusion or a 2XL/3XL. The sizing chart indicates that my height would put me into the 2XL/3XL sizing, but my other measurements would fit better in L/XL. I know some people online say that you should size the suit based on height alone. If I do this, will I have too much room in the suit around my midsection?

Appreciate the help!

Last edited:
I'd go with the 2/3xl, you need the torso length, the body will hug in nice around your under garment. Definitely try one on if you can.

I am 5'11" and 210lb and I fit the L/XL like a glove. So I would say you need the 2XL/3XL also.. As Jay said it is more the length than form fitting as the skin will keep everything snug..

Just looking at the information provided go with a 2XL/3XL. The cool think about the fusion suits is the skin takes up for any discrepancies in sizing, making it a rather easy suit to fit.

If you have any other questions or need clarification, I'm on live chat on our site during the evenings from Sun-Thurs.

@ 6'5" the L/XL is to short. The other potential issue is your 190lbs, the 2XL/3XL might be very baggy. The upside is you will never have issues with adding silly amounts thermal protection :)

The Fusion is a great product covering many shape/size divers, but that does not make it a magic bullet for everyone. Try one on from a LDS that know/understand the Fusion very good, such as Mike from DRIS. Your only other option is custom fitting IMO.

I have a used Fusion Tech 2XL/3XL that I bought a few months ago. The dry core seems to be in perfect condition, but the forearms and calves were very tight on me. (I'm "short and stout".) Mike from DRIS diagnosed this as being one of the earlier models that was known to be smaller in those places. He recommended I find a tall, skinny person. PM me if interested; I'll send photos and a very economical offer. It has a Halcyon p-valve and SiTech neck ring system for easy seal replacement.

A simpler solution would be to gain weight. lol

I was a not so big and but tall guy for a long time. Now I fully qualify as Big AND Tall. 6'5" and 255lbs. Looks like the 2XL-3XL will be perfect for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom