Fusion latex seal maintenance?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So without having a list of contents in UV tech I would feel apprehensive about recommending it.

Tyler

Thanks for the info Tyler.

I don't know what's in the UV Tech, but will post here if I find it.

Thanks

Henrik

I sent you this question via the Whites website, but never heard back:

You recommend McNett Seal Saver for the latex seals.

What's the official word on:

Mcnett UV Tech - Surface Protectant?

Talcum powder?

Thanks

Henrik

Hi Henrik,

I would highly reccomend the seal saver product for your seals. Seal Saver is designed to condition sensitive latex and rubber products, as well as providing lubricant to help you slide into the seals easier. The other advantage of Seal Saver is that it coats the seals and repels oils and other contaniments that will break down seals over time.

Cheers,

Justin

Hi Henrik,

I would highly reccomend the seal saver product for your seals

Hi Justin,

Thanks for the follow-up. Seal Saver and talcum it is.

Henrik

What about KY jelly for the wrist seals?
For the neck seal, I think going over wet hair would remove any powder or lubricant.
Also, baby talcum powder sometimes contains oil, that would be bad for latex.
Your thoughts.

What about KY jelly for the wrist seals?
For the neck seal, I think going over wet hair would remove any powder or lubricant.
Also, baby talcum powder sometimes contains oil, that would be bad for latex.
Your thoughts.

Hi Belmont,

KY jelly works great as a lubricant to help you slide into the seals and I would highly reccommend it for this purpose. The nice thing about Seal Saver is that it not only lubricates like the KY, but it actually conditions and moisturizes the latex seal which will prevent decay and cracking over time.

Also I reccomend using it every single time you put your Drysuit on so you always have a constant coat.

Cheers,

Justin

Back
Top Bottom