Question Galapagos conditions - November ‘23

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UKDiver81

New
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi everyone - long-time time reader, first time poster. Apologies if this is covered elsewhere - I’ve read a lot of threads but nothing quite answers this question. My wife and I have taken a few months off work and trying to fit in a trip to the Galapagos in for November this year. We have a lot already planned so this is the only realistic window, but we’re very keen to go if at all possible.

I’ve read that we’re building up into a pretty big El Niño year. From reading past trip reports it seems like this does typically make a substantial difference to the sea temperatures, but perhaps less of a difference to the presence of shark populations than I would have expected. This year so far - from looking at the water temperatures - the water does seem to be about 3C higher than average.

What have people’s experiences been in diving Galapagos in the last few months? Is there a noticeable difference due to El Nino this year? And what do people think the situation will be like in November?

Thank you!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom