Getting noticed as dive guide

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Be the one with impeccable trim and bouyancy.....they'll notice you.

A pack of those cheap little glowsticks sounds like it would serve your purpose, they dont just have to be for night dives!

I'm not a DM but when I have dove with DM's they more often than not have brightly colored fins. The scubapro guys use bright orange. In mexico our DM used white mares x-stream.

Rivers' idea of using doubles would probably work great. I've never seen a DM in doubles, and I've only seen tech/cave divers with that setup.

Basically, anything unusual and distinctive would probably gitter done.

You could get one of those orange or green traffic vests. They sell those things at home depot for next to nothing.

Last edited:
I wear a band yellow & blue band around my wrist. Don't know if it really attracts students' attention as no one has mentioned it yet. I tell them it identifies me anyway. At the moment I don't want to purchase anything else.

Love the crazy hoods :) Don't see them too often though.
Wonder how good the flashlights or glowsticks are during the day.
Even though fins are probably the best, having a bright shirt/safety jacket might be the easiest and cheapest...

Divemaster in Cozumel wore a pair of oversized contrasty Hawaiian print board shorts...he called them his 'fiesta shorts'. Pretty much unmistakable underwater.

2015-Men-Casual-Loose-Beach-Pants-Fashion-Flower-Size-S-2Xl-Board-font-b-Shorts-b.jpg

Last edited:
Buy two pairs of fins of different colors and wear 2 different colors when DM and one color when not? Seems pretty simple and the mis-matched fins are pretty distinctive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom