Girlie non diving question..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wristshot once bubbled...

I had some thoughts about the hair issue while I was driving away from work this evening. Yeah, I think about hair while I am plodding through traffic in Silicon Valley. (how sad is that?)

Glad to know you're keeping yourself busy during stop-and-go traffic. :D

Diverlady

I prefer my long hair at this age (38) but I do know that there is going to be a time that I am going to have to cut it. How many older ladies do you see with long hair. Not many. Once your hair turns grey, or golden as my Gran use to say, long hair tends to take on a stringy quality and although it looks nice when up, it really doesn't hold the same luster and beauty as someone who hasn't gone grey. This is of course my own opinion. As far as long hair and diving, I put it in a pony and then flip it. It only took once to get it caught in my wet suit zipper before I got it ontop of my head.

Natasha, I am so glad that you are keeping your hair. Mine is my pride and joy as silly as that may seem. :)

as a girl who had long hair (not 2 ft though!) and cut it off - DONT DO IT!!!!

only advantage was I had no issues with hair in my drysuit seal - but I'd rather deal with that then fight with it every other which way!!!!

I'm glad you are only going for the trim!

Who'da thunk that a simple haircut coulda stirred up so much passion?!?

Natasha once bubbled...
Have you ever cut your long hair?
If so, were you happy or disappointed afterward?

Jesse measured my hiar last night. It is exactly 2 feet long.
I'm thinking about cutting it.
Should I?

The standard for hair length in our family is -- How well does the hair length go with scuba diving?

My wife asks me about bangs in the front every few months, and I mention to her that it is easier to keep the hair away from her mask if her hair is long enough in the front to braid it back. So bangs are not a great idea for scuba, in my male opinion.

Then she asks me, Well don't you think I would look better with bangs?

And I then constantly have to re-remind her that to me she looks extremely good any way, no matter what.

Her hair is about one foot long. And that is perfect for scuba. She can braid it and tie it and it stays out of the way of her mask, and stays nicely under her hood. We keep it trimmed to 1 foot in length.

I should tell you diving and my hair have never been a problem. I put one barrett in, at the bottom of my neck, and tuck my hair in my BC. Never a problem.

I'm glad you've decided to trim rather than cut it short. I cut my long hair very short and found it was WAY more work to keep it looking good than long hair. I had to get it cut much more frequently, use product etc etc whereas when it's long I just wash it, put in some no rinse conditioner and go, or blow dry if it's cold out. This only takes 10 mins even though my hair's long...plus I think long hair is very sensual and feminine, I love the feel of it on my back or the smell of it when freshly washed. Don't cut it.

As for older women, it's true that most in North America and Europe cut theirs but it's a shame. In India you see lots of silver and white haired old women with long, long braids and I think they look very dignified and beautiful, much nicer than the permed grandmas....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom