GLWC Meet & Greet Recipe Guide

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mitten Diver

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, I said that after Meet & Greet I would start a new post for recipies that we use at the Meet & Greets. Here goes nothing:

SIR Smores (SIR= Smoring It Right!)
Graham crackers (I use the chocolate ones)
variations include regular graham crackers, cinnamon or get the chocolate covered ones if you can find them.
Hershey chocolate bars plain
Marshmellows
Jif peanut butter (shhh this is a secret recipe)
variations include adding jam including strawberry, rasberry, etc.
1 gallon of milk for rinsing

This is a team recipe and should not be attempted by a single individual. First person breaks graham cracker of choice in half, spread peanut butter with loving care over one half of now broken graham cracker. Be sure to provide a good base for application of chocolate bar. Open Hershey bar and break in half, one bar of chocolate will serve two of these smores, apply chocolate bar to peanut butter base. At this point you can add a slight slathering of jam for flavor enforcement.

Second team member is to heat marshmellows to gooey perfection. I prefer that my marshmellows be gooey without being burnt. Have second team member present marshmellow to now enhanced graham cracker surface, first team member must install top portion of graham cracker and squish to allow for marshmellow spread.

Pass crackers in a circular fashion making sure that all members receive adequate number of low fat treats. Having milk to wash these units down with is a bonus.

Please be sure that you don't end up with more than two marshmellows cooking at a time as you could end up in a panic situatuion that only the most advanced teams can recover from.

Serving size depends on number of chocolate bars purchased.

Tex Mex dip for our own GTXL1200
1 can of refried beans
1 16oz sour cream
2 avocados or 1 12 oz tub of guacamole
1 pkg of taco seasoning
1 pkg of shredded cheese
2 medium size tomatoes
5 green onons
1 small can of olives drained
2 table spoons of lemon juice (only if you use avocados)

If using avocados mash them with two tablespoons and add lemon juice and mix, then set aside. Spread one can of refried beans in an approximately 10" round dish. Next spread either avocados or guacamole, only use about half the tub if you go this route. Guacamole will make the dip a little waterier than the avocados but still tastes just as good. Next mix pkg of taco sasoning with sour cream and then spread over guacamole or avocados. Next chop onions to a fine texture and dice tomatoes; spread cheese, onions, tomatoes and drained olives over mix.

Serve with nacho chips or any variety of Doritos. Serves about 18.

From previous Meet & Greets:

BROCCOLI SALAD

DRESSING INGREDIENTS:

1/2 cup Canola oil
6 tbsp. Vinegar
4 tbsp. Sugar
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Pepper
Mix Well!

BROCCOLI SALAD INGREDIENTS:

1 pkg. Broccoli salad
1 pkg. Sunflower kernels
1 pkg. Slivered or Sliced almonds
4-6 Green onions chopped
1 pkg. Ramen Soup (Crush dry noodles with hands,
don’t use dressing.)

DIRECTIONS:

Mix together, pour dressing over, then toss.

Note: I typically mix the dressing together at home then carry it to the dive / picnic site in a sealed container. Once it's time for the meal, I cut the packages for the other ingredients together dumping it all in one big plastic bowl. Then add the dressing and toss.

Paula

diver_paula:
I thought it took 3 GLWC'ers to SIR ???? Or was the third person the SIR apprentice?

3 GLWC members working this recipe can cause serious task overloading. Please see recommendations for SIR Smore preperation, remeber to plan the recipe and follow the plan when making the recipe.

Ya know - when I saw Paula's post - I was afraid we'd be getting the recipe for the pickled turnips....

netmage:
Ya know - when I saw Paula's post - I was afraid we'd be getting the recipe for the pickled turnips....

Yeah, I hear that customs can smell them coming from a mile away. Anybody up for a "random" agricultural screening?

Mitten Diver

Mitten Diver:
Yeah, I hear that customs can smell them coming from a mile away. Anybody up for a "random" agricultural screening?

Mitten Diver

I was bad!!!! but it wasn't me that enraged the customs dude! Next time I'm bringing pickled eggs if you two don't behave. Or should I bring White Castle's?? hmmmm...

Paula

diver_paula:
I was bad!!!! but it wasn't me that enraged the customs dude! Next time I'm bringing pickled eggs if you two don't behave. Or should I bring White Castle's?? hmmmm...

Paula

Hey the sign said please ask at the counter for a key to the restroom.

Mitten Diver

OK here's mine.
Sam's Club. 1 case of Mikes Hard Lemonaid. :)
Kroger: 1 cheesecake.
(from last spring M&G)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom