GLWC Meet & Greet Recipe Guide

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Randy43068:
OK here's mine.
Sam's Club. 1 case of Mikes Hard Lemonaid. :)
Kroger: 1 cheesecake.
(from last spring M&G)

I think I need to practice this one a few times. I want to make sure I have it perfected before attempting it for company. :D

ScubaFishee:
I think I need to practice this one a few times. I want to make sure I have it perfected before attempting it for company. :D
Lemmie tell you, it's not an easy task!
:)

Sausage Rolls – makes about 16, 2“ rolls (for the M&G I made double this amount)

Ingredients:
8oz general purpose flour for recipe, plus more for handling
4oz butter
salt
1pt glass ice-water
1lb sausage - „sage“ flavoured
½ 8oz glass milk
1 egg

“Tools”:
Large mixing bowl
Weighing scales
Rolling pin
Pizza cutter/wheel
Flat baking /cookie tray
Flat spatula

• Start the oven, to preheat to 425°C
  • Put the flour in a large mixing bowl.
  • Cut up, and put the butter into the bowl,
  • Add a pinch of salt (1/8” tip of a teaspoon, if you want to be picky)
  • Rub it into the flour until the mix is even.
  • Add a splash of ice water, and start mixing everything by hand.
  • Add more water gradually until you have a fairly stiff dough
  • Take a chunk of the dough, and roll it out until its about 1/8” thick. You’ll need a rectangle about 12”x 8” – trim of and re-use excess.
  • Take a piece of the sausage and roll it until it’s about ¾” diameter.
  • Place the sausage about 1” from one of the long sides of the pastry. Add more sausage until you have a line the length of the pastry.
  • Wet the edge of pastry, nearest the sausage, with milk, and lift it over the sausage to cover the sausage meat. The meat should be covered “snugly”, not too tight. Don’t worry if some of them break open later – these will be the chef’s “quality control samples”
  • Gently press down on the edge so that it sticks down firmly.
  • Use the pizza wheel to cut the sausage roll free, making a clean edge to start the next.
  • Use the pizza wheel to cut the sausage roll into smaller lengths, 1” for party nibbles, 2” for divers J .
  • Repeat the above until you’ve used up the sausage and pastry.
  • Space the individual sausage rolls on the metal baking tray.
  • Crack the egg into the remaining milk and mix together to make a “glaze”
  • Use a brush/folded end of a clean paper towel, to brush each roll with the glaze.
  • Put the sausage rolls into the oven for about 5 minutes at 425°C, then drop the heat to 380°C for about 15-20 minutes. The finished sausage rolls should be slightly golden in colour.
  • Once cooked, carefully use the spatula to take the rolls off the tray.

The sausage rolls can be eaten hot, or refrigerated for later to be eaten cold, or re-heated.

Posted here on behalf of Speedhound. Thanks for your contribution to the Meet & Greet.

MnG Hot Dogs

this will be the modified version for the next MnG

1 - Offer to bring enough hotdogs and buns to feed the entire GLWC. (72)
2 - Offer to bring a grill or two and charcoal to cook the dogs.
3 - Go to store, buy 1 package of hot dogs and one package of buns because there is way to much good food for people to eat plain old hotdogs.
4 - Use cash savings for air fills.

pcarlson1911:
MnG Hot Dogs

this will be the modified version for the next MnG

1 - Offer to bring enough hotdogs and buns to feed the entire GLWC. (72)
2 - Offer to bring a grill or two and charcoal to cook the dogs.
3 - Go to store, buy 1 package of hot dogs and one package of buns because there is way to much good food for people to eat plain old hotdogs.
4 - Use cash savings for air fills.

That is just way too funny You were pushing those hotdogs pretty hard I actually wanted one or two Saturday night but no hotdogs to be found someone had to take care of some "Business" on that note......... I will be right back

Quotations or no quotations, the cobbler sure went fast... There was lots of great food at the M&G for everyone to enjoy. Thanks for all your hospitality; I can't wait until the next one.

Here it is!

Jeff "Great lakes diver"

Nitrox Junkie:
Quotations or no quotations, the cobbler sure went fast... There was lots of great food at the M&G for everyone to enjoy. Thanks for all your hospitality; I can't wait until the next one.

Here it is!

Jeff "Great lakes diver"

I think I ate most of the "cobbler"!:D

Mitten Diver:
Second team member is to heat marshmellows to gooey perfection. I prefer that my marshmellows be gooey without being burnt. Have second team member present marshmellow to now enhanced graham cracker surface, first team member must install top portion of graham cracker and squish to allow for marshmellow spread.

Hmmmm I don't see where this says that the second member eats the white gooey stuff in a seductive manner so that Ted has to go behind the trailer....

Soup- buy assorted cans of chicken soup. (I prefer a mix of ready to serve, condenced chicken noodle, and a can of cream of chicken). Pour in pot, heat.

When I make it at home and bring it hot in a thermos, I add some pepper to taste.

Itialian Beef,
1.Go to the Vienna Beef packing/processing house at Damen and Diversey Ave. on the N.W. side of Chicago on the way home from work the day before M and G
2.Park in the lot
3. Open the door, and walk in.
4. Open the reach in cooler, remove 3-5lb tubs of the beef in the juice.
5. walk to counter, open wallet, remove Visa, and sign the ticket.
6. Put beef tubs in back of truck, and put in fridge at home.
7. Haul the beef with crockpots to the meet and greet,
8.open beef tubs, put in crockpots for a few hours before serving on high
9. Eat like there is no tommrow.
10. Take crockpots home.

And you thought I slaved away for days...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom