Going to San Diego and thinking of Diving La Jolla the morning of 8/20

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikro

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
AND I NEED A BUDDY :)

In seriousness, I am a pretty good diver and have soloed lakes and rivers, but the ocean is a different beast, so if you feel up for a morning of fun...send me a message!

AND I NEED A BUDDY :)

In seriousness, I am a pretty good diver and have soloed lakes and rivers, but the ocean is a different beast, so if you feel up for a morning of fun...send me a message!

La Jolla Cove, or La Jolla shores are classic San Diego area dives. I prefer the Cove. Start early, it gets crowded early.

If you don't turn up a FreebieBuddy, when I was out there last September and looking for the same thing, I ended up hiring Rod from Scuba San Diego for a couple of 'guided' dives. He supplied tanks and weight (and could have supplied other gear if necessary). Welcome To Scuba San Diego I felt that in my case it was worth the $$ to have an appointment arrangement with someone instead of leaving it to chance. If I had more time to dive I would have looked for one of the regular groups that seems to meet up there to dive with after getting my intro to the area.

We did Shores one day, and the Cove the next. I bailed on the 2nd dive at the Shores due to blowing out a calf muscle on the long surface swim.

Rod's been diving longer than I've been alive and is a no-nonsense kind of guy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom