Good Air-Integrated Wrist Computer <$800

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been looking over and over at dive computer specs, but I still need a little help deciding. The features that I'd really like are: Air integration, wrist/watch style, nitrox compatibility, user replaceable battery, and the general - audible alarm/backlit display. Ideally, under $800.

I did notice that Ocean is giving free transmitters for the VT4.1 and the Atom 3.1, which are in my price range. I was just wondering if anybody has used either of these computers or has suggestions for others?

It seems like the VT4 might be a bit big for an average female wrist, but I've only seen it online.

How are Oceanic's dual algorithms?

There are a number of replies assuming you are looking for a "watch" sized computer, rather than a wrist mounted computer. I'd suggest reconsidering the watch size requirement.

I've never heard anyone complain that their dive computer is too big to read easily.

My vote is with the Suunto Vyper Air for your price constraint

I am a big fan of Air integrated wrist computers and my my personal PDC is an Oceanic VT4.1 and I absolutely love it (had a VT3 previously) but it might be a bit large for a female wrist, so you might want to take a close look at the Atom 3.1 - also with free transmitter:

Oceanic Free Transmitter Special

I have a few D4i and Viper Air computers left with the free transmitter. Air integration for under $800. Call me if your interested.

that's what she tells you? Lol.:wink:

ha!!!!!

---------- Post added June 10th, 2013 at 06:18 PM ----------

A little birdie told me. Order the vt3 from LP.
Get shipped the vt4 for the vt3 price :wink:

OP asked for an AI, watch style

I know. I got these cool skills that allow me to read.
But, since this is a public forum, full of public opinions.... I ADDED MINE.

AI SUCKS. Buy a real computer that you can't outgrow.

I would look at the OCi. It is a watch type that you are looking for, there is also a free transmitter deal right now. it is around $800. I have an OC1 and really like it. It is a little large for an everyday watch but I have no problems seeing it and using it. AI is a personal preference, if you want it go for it. I made the mistake of not getting what I wanted to begin with and ended up spending more money. I don't generally use the Z+, but if I was going to buddy with someone with a Suunto, I would probably use it.

OCi

I like AI for the extra safety, but the superior implementation is by Oceanic and Uwatec Galileo. These allow gas for a safe ascent in the remaining air time, while Suunto (at least for the Vyper Air) and Liquivision do not.

Don't worry about the size being too big on your wrist as you can always wear it on your forearm.

I like AI for the extra safety, but the superior implementation is by Oceanic and Uwatec Galileo. These allow gas for a safe ascent in the remaining air time, while Suunto (at least for the Vyper Air) and Liquivision do not.

Don't worry about the size being too big on your wrist as you can always wear it on your forearm.

I'm not sure I understand your comment. I can't speak for the Liquivision but on the Suunto computers the user sets the minimum value for the air time calculation and alarms. It can be set to whatever the dive requires whether you want it to be 200 psi or 3000 psi.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom