GoPro For Diving Tips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Try cineform studio to adjust brightness&contrast, select a timeline and so on. It is free and you download from gopro site. For editing, Camtasia studio is powerful and -most important- easy if you don't need very advanced features

I love my GoPro - I use the Snake River Prototyping with the SWCY red filter - seems to work pretty good down to 40' or so in clear water. I made my own "poke it with a stick" pole. Let's me get the camera right in their face.

Pic of the pole:
View attachment 129077

A simple hiking pole, a rubber expansion nut and some 1/4-20 SS hardware from Home Depot, and a tripod adapter from GoPro. I can send pictures and directions if anyone wants.

GoPro vid -please be kind - this was taken during our OW check out dives and the dives we did right after that. Have used the camera a lot fo snorkeling, free diving, but this is my first shot at scuba video. No color correction - a little bit of contrast in post and edited each clip for length -that's it.

[video=youtube_share;Tu3WjEXDXqk]http://youtu.be/Tu3WjEXDXqk[/video]

Lizard leg;

Thats a fantastic video! That's exactly why I bought a GoPro for my trip to Negril. I only hope mine will come out close to the quality that you achieved. Why are your pictures so clear and colourful, unlike most that I see posted on You Tube which are grainy, blurry, jittery, and dark? Are they all shot with a "pole mount" and no lights or filter?

Fantastic video!

I need to get a red lens for mine.. Currently using 3 GoPros... 1 original that is horrible in all honesty, and 2 Hero2s. With flat dive housings... Always comes out fantastic with no correction at all! I need to get my hands on a 3 though!

Back
Top Bottom