GoPro HD underwater blur fix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Down2bizDiver

Nice vid! I love these, they always feel like your watching Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

I got my lens from pursuit spearfishing it suck. it is two piece plastic glued and very badly at that.
it leaks :( lucky me i had pressure chamber.

This morning I made my first dives (Grand Cayman; 114' and 53') with the Eye Of Mine "pro" case and my year old GoPro camera. The results are absolutely FANTASTIC, I am so very happy! Thank you to eye of mine!

I have a backup GoPro Hero camera and I think I might put it in the old case and take both cameras on a dive and shoot scenes with both at the same time in order to give side by side comparison under identical conditions.

Sample video uploaded to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7J_meOSFiY4. To see dive videos I have taken with the unmodified factory housing go to youtube.com and search "down2biz".

Now, the question becomes "how many dive cycles will the modification withstand?". The modification is pressure tested to 180 feet, but how many roundtrips can it make, or put another way, which will give out first, the eye of mine mod or the factory supplied O ring seal?

Last edited:
I got my lens from pursuit spearfishing it suck. it is two piece plastic glued and very badly at that.
it leaks :( lucky me i had pressure chamber.

I was just about to buy it, thank you for the comment. Did you switch to Eye Of Mine?

Also I noticed a lot of people mount the camera on the head which I don't want to do for few reasons (jerky moves, kelp around, safety, ...). I am thinking bungee cord on my right hand (kinda like a canister light setup) would work better. How did you mount it?

Attachments

• lese flat.jpg
    lese flat.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 573
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom