Got soaked in rental drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One of the reasons that dry suits are often fairly deeply discounted is that the potential buyer universe for any one suit is very limited. Unlike other used scuba gear, a dry suit has to fit fairly accurately. It took me years to sell that Santi, just because there weren't a lot of buyers in my size.

Hi. This is Kathy with DUI. I came across this thread. Great advice on the replies. It does sound like the drysuit zipper was not completely closed. Drysuit diving has a lot of advantages. I would encourage you both to give it another try. At the DEMOTOUR events it was not uncommon to have someone do one dive in a drysuit and well be under impressed. By the third or fourth dive they had it dialed in and had huge smiles. Don't be discouraged. Cold water diving is so pretty. I personally love all the plant life. Thanks.

If the seller doesn't state that the seals are new, assume they need to be replaced. That's about $200 for neck + wrist. Big warning signs are fabric damage or a zipper problem.
Zippers can be replaced, too. Steve Gamble will do it for $300-$400. He's the only person other than the manufacturer that I'd want working on my suit. Gamble Scuba

I guess Gamble might be a problem from Canada for shipping unless you make it down to Florida occasionally for diving.

Hi. This is Kathy with DUI. I came across this thread. Great advice on the replies. It does sound like the drysuit zipper was not completely closed. Drysuit diving has a lot of advantages. I would encourage you both to give it another try. At the DEMOTOUR events it was not uncommon to have someone do one dive in a drysuit and well be under impressed. By the third or fourth dive they had it dialed in and had huge smiles. Don't be discouraged. Cold water diving is so pretty. I personally love all the plant life. Thanks.

Hi Kathy, thanks for the encouragement! It's now been a few days since the experience and having time to step back and read everyone's advice and comments, we might give it another go.

Zippers can be replaced, too. Steve Gamble will do it for $300-$400. He's the only person other than the manufacturer that I'd want working on my suit. Gamble Scuba

I guess Gamble might be a problem from Canada for shipping unless you make it down to Florida occasionally for diving.

Unfortunately, being in Canada, shipping things back and forth is a lot more difficult, although not impossible. Sometimes, with the added shipping costs, customs duties at the border and exchange rate difference, it really doesn't make any financial sense to buy from the US or abroad.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom