Grand Turk May 5th to May 12th Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pilot fish:
Dives: Just great. Better than Bonaire or Belize IMO. Great reef formations and great healthy walls, with fans, tube sponges, coral and fish life. These reefs are in good shape. I did 12 dives. More about my dives in a later post.
what area of Belize are you comparing against?

I am really not a good photograher at all but it's a place where you can take good pics if you're not. Guess my OK shots were sheer accident. :) I'm using a Reef Master by Sealife DC 300 digital 3.5 mega-pixal with external strobe.

candy jade:
:10: OH My god , How good is the vis, Love the pics. So can't wait to get my camera going there. Very inspired. I just posted a thread about going to Thailand then the Carribean in Feb. Thankyou for your very detailed go on the joint. What camera and flash have you. Really cool pics cant wait to see more, still new hear.
Candy

H2Andy:
pretty sweet, pilot fish

sounds like you had a blast. great pics

Thanks, Andy. Yeah, it was a relaxed time and very good diving. It went well

TCP:
Great report. I can't wait to go!

You'll like it. Cruise ships have not impacted a great deal, at this point, but I can see where it might some time in the future. At least the good dive shops are keeping the reef crunchers away from real divers.

If I can help with any tips, let me know.

John - what was the cash situation down there? was there an ATM? Is there any Internet connectivity available?

Gar:
John - what was the cash situation down there? was there an ATM? Is there any Internet connectivity available?

US dollar is currency, which is accepted in 100% of the places. I'm sure there is an atm but I don't recall seeing one. I did not visit any of the Internet cafes but I think they have them. Maybe someone else can give you a definite on your questions? I don't want to mislead you.

way to take in the details, PF!

:wink:

There are ATMS downtown in Grand Turk (Cockburn) at many of the banks. There is also an Internet cafe downtown. $5 for 1/2 hour access. Opens at 11am or around there every day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom