Great Service from UWLD!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

boulderjohn

Technical Instructor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
So I borrowed an Underwater Light Dude primary light for a trip to Mexico. My primary light was unexpectedly in need for service, and my backup primary light had been loaned out to someone else. I borrowed this one from a friend, a friend who thought I knew all there was to know about it. I didn't. Without going into the embarrassing details, let's just say I buggered it while I was there.

So what happened?

An associate of the company happened to be in Mexico diving at the same time I was there, and he was contacted. He loaned me a light--no charge. He got the light sent back to Bobby, who fixed it as soon as he got it. Maybe he was just feeling sorry for me and my stupidity, but he did not charge me for the repairs. It should now be in the mail.

Now I just have to take it back to the person from whom I borrowed it and face that embarrassment, but that is a small price to pay.

I am really pleased to have had this kind of service.

So I borrowed an Underwater Light Dude primary light for a trip to Mexico. My primary light was unexpectedly in need for service, and my backup primary light had been loaned out to someone else. I borrowed this one from a friend, a friend who thought I knew all there was to know about it. I didn't. Without going into the embarrassing details, let's just say I buggered it while I was there.

So what happened?

An associate of the company happened to be in Mexico diving at the same time I was there, and he was contacted. He loaned me a light--no charge. He got the light sent back to Bobby, who fixed it as soon as he got it. Maybe he was just feeling sorry for me and my stupidity, but he did not charge me for the repairs. It should now be in the mail.

Now I just have to take it back to the person from whom I borrowed it and face that embarrassment, but that is a small price to pay.

I am really pleased to have had this kind of service.
Boulderjohn. Since some of us rent (haven't found the funds to buy yet :depressed:) his lights would you be willing to share your error so we (read I) don't repeat it?

Well, my friend has not had the light for long. When she bought it, she did not get the normal charging stand that is supposed to come with it. All you do to charge it is stick the battery case into the stand and it charges. She had been using a separate charging plug that is apparently only supposed to be used if for some reason you don't have the charging stand.

Well, I was in Mexico and wanted to make sure it was fully charged before the dive. I looked at the charging plug, and I looked that the light. I saw there was no way to put the charging plug into the light. I did see that there was a blue device sticking out slightly near the end, and it looked for all the world that it's purpose was to stick out enough to keep the end from unscrewing accidentally. (In my defense, that's what it look like for four other people who were there, too.) So I pushed it in and tried to unscrew the bottom. It turned fairly easily.

Don't do that.

note to all, read the manuals! luckily it is a fairly easy repair, no permanent damage, just annoying to have to resolder the wires.

If I had had one....

fair, in mexico you probably didn't have easy access to the youtube videos showing the new system.

For anyone else curious

[video=youtube;B26t-zHmZRo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B26t-zHmZRo[/video]

Back
Top Bottom