great white shark dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bill...do you have a link or more infor about
your Fall 2004 trip...I am willing to try Guadlupe
assuming my budget allows

Bill
I will take a look at the site
and answer you back

Sorry but you guys are all NUTS
Going looking for GW's - No thanks:wacko: :boozer: :loopy: :scared: :reaper:

Anyone know about Ninagloo (sp?) white
sharks?

Here's a quick description I found on the web...

A true barrier reef, Ningaloo Reef Marine Park has recently become famous in the diving community for its concentration of whale sharks during March and April. Relatively scarce in other dive areas, the huge plankton feeders congregate in the area drawing divers from all over the world. Boats hire spotter planes to locate the sharks, which radio their whereabouts to groups of waiting divers. While there is other diving on the reefs, nothing can top the appeal of the whale sharks. Shops in Exmouth and Perth run special whale shark trips. Best diving: Whale sharks appear March to May ADELAIDE There is some excellent cold water diving around Adelaide where one can submerge with fur seals and penguins.

Among international travellers, however, it is the place for great white shark encounters where specialty trips for the more intrepid are available. These are done on live-aboards and involve spending time in shark cages. Best diving: December to May.

I was supposed to go on a 2 day trip to the Farallon Islands, but had to cancel due to broken hand and torn ligiments form a moving accident. I read about both places and was told the sharks at Farallons are bigger and more aggressively feeding than the Guadalupe sharks...

Bill Fisher:
Here's a quick description I found on the web...

A true barrier reef, Ningaloo Reef Marine Park has recently become famous in the diving community for its concentration of whale sharks during March and April. Relatively scarce in other dive areas, the huge plankton feeders congregate in the area drawing divers from all over the world. Boats hire spotter planes to locate the sharks, which radio their whereabouts to groups of waiting divers. While there is other diving on the reefs, nothing can top the appeal of the whale sharks. Shops in Exmouth and Perth run special whale shark trips. Best diving: Whale sharks appear March to May

Yikes! Can you tell me where on the web you found this?

Ningaloo Reef is not a barrier reef, it is a fringing reef. The largest in the world. Access can be right off the shore and boat journeys are usually from ten to sixty minutes only.

Whale sharks can be seen from Coral Bay (southern end) and Exmouth (northern end) of the Ningaloo Reef. They generally begin to appear in very late March; the season typically comes to an end during the beginning of June in Coral Bay and the beginning of August in Exmouth. From the past several seasons mid May to end of June have been the very best times to visit for # of people, sightings and slowness, IMHO.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom