Greetings from Atlanta (and Iowa) :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CyPlainsDrifter

Registered
Reaction score
Lurked for a while but now introducing after finishing up my OW cert with SDI. Wanted to dive my whole life and now as a 60th birthday gift to myself I got it done. Already booked a trip to Oahu and another to Bonaire to get some underwater time to just gain experience. I've already learned so much from this sight.

(Living in Atlanta since Jan 22 on a temp assignment but my real home is Iowa.)

Welcome to SB. I, too, came to Atlanta for what was supposed to be a year. That was 22 years ago. The best thing about Atlanta is the airport. Just about anywhere in the Caribbean in under three hours.

Welcome to the forums! Some folks in the Atlanta area actually head up my way in east Tennessee to practice skills in flooded quarries near here. It's not glamorous diving, but it helps get skills down, gain comfort in the water, get better trim/buoyancy, and all of that helps reduce air/gas consumption. Plus it can just be nice getting in the water and watching the freshwater fish. If you decide to head this way and need a buddy, let me know.

Welcome to the forums! Some folks in the Atlanta area actually head up my way in east Tennessee to practice skills in flooded quarries near here. It's not glamorous diving, but it helps get skills down, gain comfort in the water, get better trim/buoyancy, and all of that helps reduce air/gas consumption. Plus it can just be nice getting in the water and watching the freshwater fish. If you decide to head this way and need a buddy, let me know.
Thanks and will do. I do intend to hit some quarries in the coming months. As you stated, just want to get into the water as much as possible right now to practice skills/comfort/buoyancy.

Welcome. There are a few quarries in eastern Alabama that might interest you, too.
Sounds good. I know there is one my LDS does trips to in Alabama, so will likely hit that sometime this summer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom