GUE Primer Class Report: Tuning the Basics to become Safer and More Competent

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks all for your nice comments. I will let you know how Fundies goes in a couple of weeks, but that I will put in the DIR forum to keep from offending anyone!

Linda

Exuberance is almost always likely to piss somebody off. Put it in what ever forum you like. A lot of people appreciate exuberance. You don't have to hide it in the DIR forum.

Last edited:
Thanks all for your nice comments. I will let you know how Fundies goes in a couple of weeks, but that I will put in the DIR forum to keep from offending anyone!

Linda

What a great thread!! Congrats, Linda for taking the Primer and good luck in your Fundies class.

Regardless of where you post your Fundies report on SB, someone is going to be offended, it's an online forum. :D

Thanks for posting this Linda - you beat me to it!

I was one of Linda's classmates and would agree with all of her comments. Great intro to GUE diving - I really liked that Doug didn't have the "if you use brass bolt snaps you will die" attitude which I think turns a lot of people off to what is really great training. Fortunately I think GUE is aware of this perception and making an honest attempt to be more open and inclusive, without compromising on safety or skill level. Fundies is certainly in my future, possibly in December or sometime in the spring. I would highly recommend the Primer to anyone interested in GUE training, but unsure if they are "ready" for Fundies.

Safe and happy diving!

-Keith

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom