GUE vs. TDI in terms of opportunities in scientific research projects?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

🙄 Not sure if you read the story. They still dive with the kid. They goof on him for not having as much money to spend on diving.
It was an example for arrogance based upon money spend, not related to skill.
I did read the story, but you wrote that he "did" Fundies. We have no idea if he passed or not or if his skills are degrading.​
One might think that if the team is seamless with him, he would be able to rib them for spending more money to achieve the same proficiency. Yet they're ribbing him about taking an "inferior" class.​
It's pretty insensitive if his buddies are putting him down for not having as much money for diving. He might be better off finding more inclusive buddies - trained by whichever agency.​

Do you see any downside to pursuing training from GUE and, say TDI at the same time? Not literally but say, GUE Fundamentals followed by Cavern with TDI? It would open access to more diving, but training habits may conflict.

Do you see any downside to pursuing training from GUE and, say TDI at the same time? Not literally but say, GUE Fundamentals followed by Cavern with TDI? It would open access to more diving, but training habits may conflict.
Fundies followed by TDI Cavern was what I did, but not by any sort of plan or logic. Rather, it just happened that I was doing a lot of practice in preparation for a Fundies tech upgrade and was getting bored and frustrated, so I took a breather in the form of a Cavern course. The TDI Cavern instructor was relieved to see I had good buoyancy, trim, propulsion, etc., and was well acquainted with GUE diving. At this level, there are few "training habits" that could "conflict." It's all good training.

I went PSAI for cavern / intro , GUE fundies , then TDI for AN/DP and full cave; variation in agency was whatever , variation in instructors I found highly valuable. I don’t agree completely with any of the agencies or individual instructors but I learned from all of them. Pick good instructors, learn all you can from them, and don’t worry about agency

I went PSAI for cavern / intro , GUE fundies , then TDI for AN/DP and full cave; variation in agency was whatever , variation in instructors I found highly valuable. I don’t agree completely with any of the agencies or individual instructors but I learned from all of them. Pick good instructors, learn all you can from them, and don’t worry about agency
And use YOUR brains for understanding what is really optimal FOR YOU.
I appreciate standardisation and team coherence, but each individual has some peculiarities, and one should be elastic enough for adapting to them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom