Guinness World Record Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kayla

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hello all. I was just looking the the 2004 Guinness Book of World Records, and thought I would post what I found on world record dives. For those that have already seen/ know about them... I guess there is no need to read any farther!

Deepest Seawater Dive:
The deepest scuba duve was one of 1,010 ft. (307.8 m) made by John Bennett (UK) on November 6th, 2001 of Escarcia Point, Puerto Galera, The Philippines. The descent, aided by a weighted sled took just over 12 minutes. The ascent, however, took 9 hr. 36 min. to allow for decompression, and Bennett needed 60 oxygen tanks. At the bottom of the dive he lost his vision and experienced muscle spasams. THe highest pressure on his body was 480 lb/in2 (3,309 kPa)

Longest Underwater SCUBA submergence in a controlled environment:
The continuous duration record-with no breaks- for remaining underwater using breathing apparatus is 212 hr. 30 mim. by Michael Stevens (UK) in a Royal Navy tank at the National Exhibition Centre, Birmingham UK on Feb. 14-23, 1986.

Longest Open Freshwater SCUBA dive:
Jerry Hall (USA) spent 71 hours 39 minutes 40 seconds underwater on Aug. 6-9 2002 in South Holston Lake, Bristol Tennessee, USA. Using SCUBA gear for his dive, Hall spent most of the time reclining on a wooden platform suspended by cables underwater.

Deepest Freshwater Cave Dive:
On August 23 1996, Nuno Gomes (South Africa) SCUBA-dived to a depth of 927 feet 2 in (282.6 m) at the Boesmansgat Cave, Northern Cape, South Africa.

Just so you know, I typed all of this info exactly how it is in the book.... so I take no responsibility for errors!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday Season!

Kayla

Kayla:
Hello all. I was just looking the the 2004 Guinness Book of World Records, and thought I would post what I found on world record dives. For those that have already seen/ know about them... I guess there is no need to read any farther!

Deepest Seawater Dive:
The deepest scuba duve was one of 1,010 ft. (307.8 m) made by John Bennett (UK) on November 6th, 2001 of Escarcia Point, Puerto Galera, The Philippines. The descent, aided by a weighted sled took just over 12 minutes. The ascent, however, took 9 hr. 36 min. to allow for decompression, and Bennett needed 60 oxygen tanks. At the bottom of the dive he lost his vision and experienced muscle spasams. THe highest pressure on his body was 480 lb/in2 (3,309 kPa)

Longest Underwater SCUBA submergence in a controlled environment:
The continuous duration record-with no breaks- for remaining underwater using breathing apparatus is 212 hr. 30 mim. by Michael Stevens (UK) in a Royal Navy tank at the National Exhibition Centre, Birmingham UK on Feb. 14-23, 1986.

Longest Open Freshwater SCUBA dive:
Jerry Hall (USA) spent 71 hours 39 minutes 40 seconds underwater on Aug. 6-9 2002 in South Holston Lake, Bristol Tennessee, USA. Using SCUBA gear for his dive, Hall spent most of the time reclining on a wooden platform suspended by cables underwater.

Deepest Freshwater Cave Dive:
On August 23 1996, Nuno Gomes (South Africa) SCUBA-dived to a depth of 927 feet 2 in (282.6 m) at the Boesmansgat Cave, Northern Cape, South Africa.

Just so you know, I typed all of this info exactly how it is in the book.... so I take no responsibility for errors!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday Season!

Kayla

deepest saltwater diver was broken.. see other thread..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom