Haiti (Labadee)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChicagoDavid

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi,

I just joined, and we have a family cruise stopping during the day (8am - 5pm) in Labadee, Haiti on Dec 21. Any ideas about how my son and I might be able dive there? (I know, there are easier ways to dive in the Caribbean than this, but we're joining friends on this cruise. The cruise also stops in Ocho Rios, and there is a dive through the cruise line there.) Any ideas for Labadee would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Dave

Hi David,

Did you find any place to dive in Labadee? We are going to be there in early March via a cruise and would like to dive but have had no luck finding any dive shops.

This is if i recall correctly, RCCL's private island; so if there is any diving it would be through the excursion desk.

100% correct, RCCL controls everything on the island but I don't see scuba on the list of excursions there.

well I've never heard anyone say the Scuba diving in Haiti was great.

they do having diving excursions on CoCo Cay, their other private island for RCCL. I've done it a couple times. It's fun.. ok. nothing great, but better than no dive. it's a shore dive that lasts about 40 minutes to an hour. decent reef, but well worn by storms. (nothing to get excited about).

I've got a more details review if folks want to search for it.

well I've never heard anyone say the Scuba diving in Haiti was great.

they do having diving excursions on CoCo Cay, their other private island for RCCL. I've done it a couple times. It's fun.. ok. nothing great, but better than no dive. it's a shore dive that lasts about 40 minutes to an hour. decent reef, but well worn by storms. (nothing to get excited about).

I've got a more details review if folks want to search for it.

I liked being dragged back in on the back of the Waverunner as much as the dive :)

I liked being dragged back in on the back of the Waverunner as much as the dive :)

yeah... that was fun.

but of my four possible wave runner in scuba gear "surface dives", I only got to do one.

one time the tide was too low and we almost had to crawl over the rocks to get out. the other times there were too many people to do it.

had to put my 2nd stage in my mouth though... damn 2-cycle wave runner fumes will gag you.

Hi nlmoore,

haitidivingpegasus sent me a direct message, so I recommend that you reach out to him. Thanks,

Dave

Cormier Plage, a resort near Labadee, is working to establish a dive operation; once it is fully running I'm sure they will work with royal Caribbean to offer diving as part of the cruise options. I've dived with the owner before, it is all brand-new top-notch equipement and they are very safe; highly recommended. Labadee is not actually an island, but it might as well be - totally cut off from the rest of Haiti, at least for now. Which is too bad! You're just 30 minutes from the magnificent Citadel and charming Cap Haitian. If you're tired of the controlled "resort experience" and ready for a reall off-the track adventure, After the cruise, consider coming down for a visit / diving trip :)

Learn more here: www.guerrilladivershaiti.com
and here: www.facebook.com/guerrilladivershaiti

Back
Top Bottom