HALCYON 18 WATT HID 9ah light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New
Reaction score
# of dives
I'd be lucky if there were 45 dives on this light. Probably closer to 30. HALCYON 18 watt HID dive light, owners manual, and charger. All work perfectly. $700 firm. Even with shipping that would be less than 1/2 price.

Beautiful bright light...cuts through the blackest depths of Lake Superior or deep into a cave passage. Puts any 10 watt HID to shame. LED is no competition. Normal signs of use but no gouges, cracks, or anything that would negatively affect ANY aspect of preformance. Halcyon gear is the highest quality available. Everything works perfectly!! NEVER had any type of problem...flawless. It's about 4 years old and sold for over $1450. Purchased at Extreme Exposure .The cord and o-rings were changed, as maintenance, 2 years ago. I did 2 dives of 85 and 92 minutes in Frebuary on the same charge. (Just did a burn test..3hr 15 min and voltage hits 10 volts) Lots of life left. Battery has been maintained with a monthly charge.
I can also give you a link for a new quality battery (made for this specific light) for less than $180...Halcyon charges $450. (Battery Space) Burn time on a new battery is 250 minutes. Comes with everything you see including owners manual.

Below is info from the web site:

Halcyon Helios NiMH Lighting Systems Nickel-Metal Hydride (NiMH) battery technology emerged nearly thirty years ago from research on the storage of hydrogen for use as an alternative energy source. NiMH development resulted in batteries providing enhanced capacities while retaining the well-characterized electrical and physical design features of the sealed Nickel Cadmium cell design.

Canister

Thanks to the compact dimension of the NiMH battery pack, the Helios canister is a fraction of the size of the Explorer Pro lighting system. Just like its indestructible Scout back-up light, Halcyon mills the Helios canister out of a solid rod of Delrin. Although the canister itself can withstand depths of over 3000 feet, the recommended working depth of the Halcyon Helios line is 450 feet/137 meters.

Light head

Halcyon High Intensity Discharge (HID) systems have revolutionized dive lighting. HID technology replaces the filament of the light bulb with a capsule of gas for a brighter, white, long-burning beam. Goodman handle for hands free opperation.
The reflector is adjustable for pinpoint to spotlight.

What are the advantages of Halcyon Extreme Exposure HID Explorer Pro lights over conventional halogen primary lights?
HID lighting has several advantages over conventional halogen primary lights:
More light output. Halcyon Extreme Exposure's 18 Watt HID light source produces approximately the same lumens at the light source as a 55 Watt halogen bulb at a three to five times the halogen's efficiency. The 10 Watt HID only produces ~500 lumens, but thanks to its true 6000K color temperature it appears almost as bright as a 55 Watt halogen bulb when in use. The HID lamp's lumens per watt (LPW) efficacy is roughly six to eight times that of an incandescent lamp.

Whiter light. The color temperature of HID lighting more closely approximates the color temperature of natural daylight than does a halogen system, which appears yellowish in comparison. We use the term "correlated color temperature" to indicate that the light appears as if the discharge lamp is operating at a given color temperature-- traditional measurements of color temperature are drawn from the properties of the metal used in the bulb's filament. Typical color temperatures are 2800K (incandescent), 3000K (halogen), 4100K (cool white or SP41 fluorescent), and 5000K (daylight-simulating fluorescent colors). Both of the Extreme Exposure HID lights produce a light with a color temperature approaching or above 5000K. A white light has a perceived brightness which may equate to the higher stated efficacies-- ie., although an HID lamp might have equivilant lumens as a higher wattage halogen bulb, the HID will appear brighter to the eye.

Longer Service Life. An HID lamp will last, on the average, 3 to 5 times as long as a halogen bulb. In normal use, your Extreme Exposure HID bulb should last beyond one thousand ignitions.

Attachments

• hid sink.JPG
    hid sink.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 250
  • hid table.JPG
    hid table.JPG
    101.2 KB · Views: 264
I would do international shipping, but it looks pretty expensive. Let me get the exact dimensions and weight and I can give you an accurate estimate. e-mail me your address and I'll look it up. jjc1@prodigy.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom