• Don't Care

Votes: 28 16.6%
  • Its a Little Much

Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Hell No!

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

*I havent seen this magazine so you'll have to accept my opinions from what I have read in this thread*

I honestly do not mind seeing half naked women in magazine to help try and sell a product......but.......only if there are prepared to put half naked men in as well! Whats right for one gender, should be right for another.

I wouldn't mind posing in a bikini in a magazine if I knew the magazine also used men in the same half naked state to promote products too!

I think the issue is when women are exploited.

I don't buy a magazine for the half-nakedness contained, I buy if for the articles. If there is pictures of semi-naked people in it - so be it! Unless I felt that the women were being exploited, it wouldn't stop me buying it. :)

Sounds like ScubaBay just volunteered to be the next "Local Girl." Who's going to step up and submit the corresponding "Local Boy" photos?

I'll be at the dive show both Saturday and Sunday!! Will your "new magazine" feature both semi naked men and women?
Will you be "model" for you magazine? :wink: If so....whens the first publication !!!!!

zmcdowe once bubbled...

Should pictures of women in bikinis be in Scuba Diving magazines?

(check out the link for the magazine if you haven't seen it yet) [/B]

So let's not just focus on this one magazine. The question is about all SCUBA magazines and I would also take this to include any SCUBA media. Rodales and Dive Training (http://www.dtmag.com/) also features ladies in Bikinis. So if you won't buy the magazine because of the pictures of the girls, why not those magazines? Yes I know that some say that it is the degree to which they are clad, but it's about setting those standards. In my original post I mentioned the content of the articles would dictate whether I would buy or not.

what about dealing with a SCUBA manufacturer that promotes bikini/short clad men and women on there web site?

Here are a couple of pictures from the Dive Rite http://www.dive-rite.com/ site.

Those that voted against solely on the basis of the inclusion of bikini clad girls should consider all media they interact with - just to be fair to Divers Magazine

jepuskar once bubbled...
The articles are great...

101 positions for orally inflating your BCD
How to retrieve your lost crotch strap...

RLMAO !!!! :D :D :D

Rodales and Immersed do not feature half nude girls hiding their nipples with their arms and gazing into the camera with a "come do me now (giggle)" expression on their faces. There is a BIG difference between a bikini-clad girl with a mask snorkel and fins swimming through the water and a photo of a thong-clad womman's buttocks with the word "Divers" written across her cheeks and the caption "Spread the Word."

One photo says "I'm cute! Come share my fun! (Oh! and buy this nice mask while you're at it.)"

The other says, "I'm a thing! Use me!"

Divers Mag has crossed the line into poor taste. The photo's that Divers Mag has chosen to run are offensive and have no place in a magazine about a sport that includes children as young as 10 among it's participants.

Divers Mag has obviously selected a very specific target demographic and it does not include me. It's a shame, because I spend a lot of money on diving, gear and travel. And I will not be funneling any additional money to advertisers who continue to buy space in Divers.

Pez de Diablo once bubbled...

So let's not just focus on this one magazine. The question is about all SCUBA magazines and I would also take this to include any SCUBA media. Rodales and Dive Training (http://www.dtmag.com/) also features ladies in Bikinis.

Will you be "model" for you magazine?
Sorry I did not reply on Friday. I posted my message and then left for the weekend (Well, that's my excuse, I ran for cover, to be honest!)

But yes, I am more than happy to model in my new magazine and the first issue will be out just as soon as someone has taken so fotos of you & I in swimming outfits! :)

See you next weekend. I'll be the one in the stripey Victorian bathing custome that hides my knees and elbows!!!!

I may be eager to take my clothes off.....but I take it you havent tried being outside semi naked in this weather....you get frostbite in places you didn't even know existed!!!! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom