Has anyone dived/spearfished with Shark Shields Freedom7 "shark deterrent system "

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, I'm looking for reviews and/or feedback on the Shark Shields Freedom7 from Shark Shield Shark Shield - Shark deterrent system - protection from shark attack and great white sharks a company that claimes that their new shark deterrent system produces a unique conductive field that surrounds the diver. According to the company, Sharks are sensitive to this field and when they approach too close to the diver the field causes extreme muscular spasms in the shark, that result in the shark feeling discomfort and fleeing the area. It is believed that the field is detected by the shark through its sensory receptors, known as the Ampullae of Lorenzini, found on the snouts of all predator sharks.

If you have dived/tested SharkShield Freedom7, please leave your feedback.

Thanks

My buddies have them. I have definitely seen them work on bullsharks and reef sharks in Florida. It tends to keep the sharks away. I have no idea if it works for great whites and I doubt it is completely full proof. If you got the money, it is probably worth it if you hunt around sharks.

what i understand from diver's who use the system, is that while it will keep schooling sharks away, no system will stop one in predator (attack)mode. These guys hunt in bull shark waters and use them.

Guys, thanks for your feedback - After doing my own research and reading your comments and other reviews from other divers, I've decided to buy it and put it to the test this coming weekend in the Puget Sound. I'm not sure if I will encounter one as we rarely see them, but the Puget Sound is home for 11 species of sharks. Of these 11, three that have been seen are the Spiny Dogfish, the Sixgill Shark and the Brown Cat Shark.

Let the conversation continue and the feedback come
WP_000454.jpgWP_000455.jpgWP_000459.jpg

If I am not mistaken Richard Pyle (the man behind pyle stops/deepstop) use the same system with great results.

Back
Top Bottom