Question Have you ever been asked for your Bonaire Marine Park tag or printout other than for check in or park entrance?

Have you ever been asked for your Bonaire Marine Park tag or printout other than for check in?

• No, I have never been asked for my marine park tag or printout

Votes: 34 75.6%
  • Yes, I have been asked for my marine park tag or printout

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • 1 trip to Bonaire

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • 2-5 trips to Bonaire

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • 6-10 trips to Bonaire

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • 11-15 trips to Bonaire

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • 16-20 trips to Bonaire

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • >20 trips to Bonaire

Votes: 3 6.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry, but it was several years ago and I can't remember the specifics. I just remember talking to a couple of STINAPA rangers at one of the dive sites. Our tags would have been easily seen hanging on our BC's though. (I think we pulled paperwork out of the truck too, but that's pretty foggy.)

Never been asked by STINAPA cops, only Dive shops in the 10+ trips and 200+ dives on Bonaire. We keep our printout in truck and can show them when needed. No need to carry it on dive. The STINAPA cops are not pulling you over at 60' BSL asking for our your park pass! Don't carry it on boat dive since dive op is required to ensure everyone on board has one.

Besides, we are in the computer system.

BTW, Never done a "supervised" dive by dive shop but we always do a checkout dive at diveshop reef for weights. Don't know what STINAPA defines as supervised dive.

The results may be changing soon. I was at a presentation by Mangrove Maniacs, October 20th behind Foodies restaurant. The "big boss" of STINAPA was there, and also the new "park manager". The park manager (don't remember her name) said they have hired several more (double?) rangers and now have enough rangers to have full-time rangers dedicated to patrolling (my word, not hers) areas to educate people and check tags. She said they have had two full time rangers at Lac Cai, which I thought was an interesting choice based on small number of divers there, but I guess they are checking for other usage also, not just divers. They are also just trying to figure out how people are using the waters/park.

Reminds me of the one time, so far, I've been stopped by the "fish cops" at home. He claimed they are out there to "learn what people are doing", not so much to check licenses, but of course he checked our license anyway :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom