• A little bit but Imodium cured me

Votes: 18 20.7%
  • A lot but I could still dive

Votes: 11 12.6%
  • Ruined my vacation

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been to CZM four times in the past two years without a problem. The night I got back from Belize three weeks ago, I found out Montezuma is south of Mexico as well. It lasted four days. Whew! A little antibiotic after the second day and I got better. Of course, without antibiotic, I might have done just as well.

dnhill

I have ton's of experience in Mexico. I find that when traveling with new people, on the first day, they drink more then they ever would. Get more sun then they ever would. Eat foods that they never would. And the next day the "water was bad". Sometimes it takes a week to get cured.

I got sick in a Taco Bell at 3am once. Does that count?

ggunn:
No; we were talking about Mexican food. ;^)
Hey, it didn't look like it going in, but after it came out.

OK, I really did get sick in Nogales, Mademores, and I have secrets that can't leave Cancun.

Been there 4 times, once to Cozumel 3 times to Akumal. Haven't been sick yet. (knocking on wood) Going to Akumal again in December 04. I always drink bottled water or pop. I've never gotten anything from street vendors other than a churro during the Festival of Guadalupe in Tulum. The resort we stay at is small and a stickler for proper dish washing and food prep with anti-bacterial additives. The owners are ex-pats from the US and rely on our business.....bad food news travels fast with cavers.

I do also carry Imodium and Kaopectate with me just in case.

I'm there for a day every other week. We never eat on the ship if we can help it.....there are to many great restaurants in Coz :)

Never been sick....I follow common sense travel rules. I drink bottled/purified water, make sure that if there's ice in my drink it's also made with bottled/purrified water, only eat uncooked veggies in places I'm sure wash with the right water, avoid anyplace that looks to dogdey. Don't eat from street vendors.

The only time I've ever gotten sick from food was actually a street fair in Washington DC. I didn't want to die (life's far to short for that) but I would have readily welcomed a short term coma. I was horribly ill for a week.

Peace,
Cathie

Back
Top Bottom