HC7 report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paulpost:
Did anybody noticed that all the HC7 links on camcorderinfo website has been removed? I wonder way, do they have second thoughts regarding this camcorder?

Hmmm... maybe they realized (like Consumer Reports) that the outside contractor they used to conduct the testing of the HC7 botched the tests.

Or... Panasonic (Matsu****a) paid them to remove the links to the HC7.

Or...

All I know is... Sony HC7 $1,100; HID lights $1,000; new 37" HD LCD TV to view footage on $750; upgrade of housing to access HC-7 controls $250; upgrade of video editing software to edit HDV $150. The results had better be priceless!!!

Dawhale, I currently edit with Adobe Premiere, but am upgrading my version to be able to edit HDV. I'm also getting Sony Vegas Video.

drbill:
All I know is... Sony HC7 $1,100; HID lights $1,000; new 37" HD LCD TV to view footage on $750; upgrade of housing to access HC-7 controls $250; upgrade of video editing software to edit HDV $150. The results had better be priceless!!!

drbill, I was shooting with a TRV-950 for 3 yrs and loved every bit of footage quality...even sold some to Discovery, and a news channel or two.

The first time I shot with the HC3 I was completely BLOWN AWAY with the quality in comparison to the 3CCD.
This link should play a quicktime movie (I may have posted this via Youtube already but this version is higher quality...longer download time sorry)
I am still using twin Halogen 75w lights for a lighting system....does make for some odd color on occasion
http://www.scubadrewvideo.com/newsletters/videos/0107hdnl.mov

I can assure you the results WILL be worth it!
ScubaDrew

Thanks, ScubaDrew. One of my buddies has been shooting with the HC3 in an Ocean Images housing, so I've seen some of his stuff. He's already thinking of upgrading to the HC-7. He's a toy addict and always has to have the very latest... but he can afford it. So maybe I'll buy his HC-3 as a backup camera!

This should be my last weekend shooting primarily mini-DV.

Dr. Bill, which version of Vegas and capture card are you using? Thanks, Dale

I used Vegas Movie Platinum version 7 by downloading the 30-day free trial from their web site. I didn't like the interface as much as I like Premiere (which I've been using for 6 years), but everything I hear is that it is more stable in editing HDV. I need to keep several editing tools in my kit since no one package offers all the features implemented as I want them. Picky, picky, picky.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom