Headache After Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quick tip;
Keep a journal for a couple of days before, during, after your dive.
In the journal log
EVERYTHING you eat and drink: meals, snacks, soda, beer, whatever...the more info the better
Sleep cycle: time went to bed, appx time to sleep, did you sleep through the night, etc
Any ailments, esp. headaches, nasal drainage, etc
Exercise specifics
Anything out of the ordinary

Then bring it with you to a medical professional who has experience treating divers

Do you get your tanks filled at the same shop all the time? If so try getting them filled at a different shop. CO can cause delayed headaches!! Could be a very slight contamination but you could be very sensitive to it.

As said Hydrate immediately after dive,see if this helps, do you suffer any allergy or sinus issues? if so a good diving ENT may help<to me sounds like a newer diver syndrome related,
Good luck

I am having a sever headache after most of the dives. The strange thing is that the headache starts after 4 or 5 hours of the dive till the next day. During the dive no headache, i complete the diving smoothly without any problems.

I don't think this CO2 building, because i think i am breathing properly.
PS: I always have a runny nose, however i am equalizing my ears properly.

Please i need your ideas and advises??

Thanks
I've put together a piece about diving headaches. Take a look at Headaches and SCUBA Diving

Hope this helps.

Can multiple dives at altitude in cold water be a reason for post dive headaches ? I only get headaches on cold water altitude dives. The headaches don't last very long and a Advil usually does the trick. I did have nasty nasal colds a few weeks before the dives.

Okay, you're getting a lot of on-line advise which my help (check the CO in air, for instance) but may also not be helpful. I have an MSPH, and what you are describing is not normal. Get it checked out by a physician!

SeaRat

Back
Top Bottom