Heated Drysuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you want to post some information? I don't offhand know how to look up a patent number, and I'm too lazy to put much work into it, but I'll read what you have to say if you post it here.

You get the bugs worked out of a system like this and you're on to something. The US, Canadian, and EU cold weather operators and recreational types will gladly shell out extra shekels for something like this. The drysuit market is already pretty small, and the heated drysuit market is a fraction of that, but people diving regularly in cold waters will name their kids after you.

I think before anyone can quote a price, we need to know:

1) Technology (chemical or electric)
2) Safety features / benefits
3) Durability / warranty

If the system was 'ideal', and was safe and lasted longer than the suit itself, then its value is probably close to that of a suit. As you accumulate drawbacks, the willingness to pay would corresponding be lower.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom