Closed: Heated Vest system

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sunnyboy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Selling a complete heated vest system, $800 USD, buyer pays shipping to where you live from Vancouver Island, Canada.

The vest says BTS but it's a Typhoon as sold by Dive-X and I think now called the UTD vest. It's never been flooded.

Wiring includes quick connect to the vest, a bulkhead connector that goes under the drysuit inflate valve, and a wet-mate quick connect to the battery canister.

The battery system is home-made, starting with a Halcyon Helios 9 canister I re-purposed for the vest. I bought a 10.4 Ah Li-ion battery back for it and adapted the canister to use wet-mate connectors (the ones called impulse connectors). The charger is specifically designed for the Li-ION battery.

I've included four pictures - the battery, charger and canister, a close-up of the wet-mate connector, a picture of the vest and a picture of the drysuit bulkhead.

If interested, pm me a postal code and I can confirm shipping. Canada & US I would use the postal service (Canada Post & USPS).

I would prefer electronic transfer of funds (i.e. interac e-transfer).

I do not think there would be an issue with sending the battery (Li-ION) by post, but if you want to supply your own battery then we can deduct $80US off the price (so $720 USD).
T_heated vest system 2015-12-09 01.jpg
T_heated vest system 2015-12-09 02.jpg
T_heated vest system 2015-12-09 03.jpg
T_heated vest system 2015-12-09 04.jpg

The vest does not have a size on it. It has velcro adjustable shoulder and side panels, so would certainly fit men from M to XL. It would probably fit women in similar size range as well, as it's not really specific for male or female.

Back
Top Bottom