Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you want cookies, try gingersnaps or another kind of ginger cookie. They're a bit spicy so might be hard on your stomach, however, ginger is very good for seasickness.

As the others have pointed out, it's definitely in your own best interest to get more sleep the night before. Pack yourself a couple of thermos too; one with your tea and one with broth or a noodle soup.

Coffee and Burger King must be eliminated! For me, even plain tea can be hard on my tummy so pick your beverage carefully.
i have heard of people using ginger for seasick but to be honest i never try it , i will try to find some cookies with ginger or tea with ginger as Kathy says thats would be great if i can find it in thailand
about coffee and burger kings its a NO NO from now
sleep definitely i need a lot of it especially before diving i will try to pack my gear 2 days before diving not last mins as i always do it the night before diving
can i know what you eat during the day of diving , i know i have to find out what works for me , but i think i need something that work for others to start with and when my stomach get better i will try more things

I have found this Orange Ginger Mint tea does a great job of calming an upset stomach. It is not the most delicious tea I have ever tasted - although I have gotten used to it and now I enjoy it - but it really does help me.

Orange Ginger Mint Herbal Tea Bags
thank you a lot Kathy for your advices i will try to find this tea in the supermarket .
i have a big problem with food in the boat they serve uncooked chicken thats smell very strong for thai people thats fine for me I'm used to well cooked food so i don't touch it i survive only with cookies and water some fruits and some nuts
can i know what you eat during the day of diving , i know i have to find out what works for me , but i think i need something that work for others to start with and when my stomach get better i will try more things

If you want cookies, try gingersnaps or another kind of ginger cookie. They're a bit spicy so might be hard on your stomach, however, ginger is very good for seasickness.

As the others have pointed out, it's definitely in your own best interest to get more sleep the night before. Pack yourself a couple of thermos too; one with your tea and one with broth or a noodle soup.

Coffee and Burger King must be eliminated! For me, even plain tea can be hard on my tummy so pick your beverage carefully.

I agree on strong tea. Still better for me than coffee, but a light green tea is the best. I guess like Kathyv I have just gotten used to it over the years :wink: On the boat I just drink plenty of water.

I think you are doing the right thing on the boat with water and cookies and fruit but be careful that the food is prepared in a sanitary manner. I don't know anything about the boat and staff but I imagine that they do a fine job, but since you have had problems in the past may want to bring your own water bottle and snacks and wash or peel the fruit yourself.

I agree on strong tea. Still better for me than coffee, but a light green tea is the best. I guess like Kathyv I have just gotten used to it over the years :wink: On the boat I just drink plenty of water.
im a big fan of green tea so shouldn't be a problem . i will try also the ginger lemon tea and see what works best
thank you for the advice

Reactions: mbs
I think you are doing the right thing on the boat with water and cookies and fruit but be careful that the food is prepared in a sanitary manner. I don't know anything about the boat and staff but I imagine that they do a fine job, but since you have had problems in the past may want to bring your own water bottle and snacks and wash or peel the fruit yourself.
thats totally true the same thing that my doctor says if it doesn't hurt others doesn't mean it won't hurt me he say that i should that myself as a more sensitive person , i bring my own water but the fruits its already peeled on the boat . the doctor says if the food is prepared by in infected person who didnt wash his/her hands and were in toilets previously the bacteria will be in the food and it will infect the person who eat it .
second things he stop me from eating ice cubes outside as he says in thailand most of ppl infected by the tap water , and most shops and companies in thailand make ice cubes with tap water so i should be aware of this also , he just warned me today

It sounds like your doctor is taking good care of you and you should follow his/her advice.

Below are recommendations from the US government's public health agency (the CDC) for Americans traveling to Thailand. Sometimes it is inconvenient to follow all of these precautions, but you have already had some bad luck so you need to try and stay healthy.

Eat and drink safely
Unclean food and water can cause travelers' diarrhea and other diseases. Reduce your risk by sticking to safe food and water habits.

Eat

• Food that is cooked and served hot

• Hard-cooked eggs

• Fruits and vegetables you have washed in clean water or peeled yourself

• Pasteurized dairy products

Don't Eat
  • Food served at room temperature

• Food from street vendors

• Raw or soft-cooked (runny) eggs

• Raw or undercooked (rare) meat or fish

• Unwashed or unpeeled raw fruits and vegetables

• Unpasteurized dairy products

• ”Bushmeat” (monkeys, bats, or other wild game)

Drink
  • Bottled water that is sealed

• Water that has been disinfected

• Ice made with bottled or disinfected water

• Carbonated drinks

• Hot coffee or tea

• Pasteurized milk

Don’t Drink
  • Tap or well water

• Ice made with tap or well water

• Drinks made with tap or well water (such as reconstituted juice)

• Unpasteurized milk
Hepatitis A Vaccine:
CDC recommends this vaccine because you can get hepatitis A through contaminated food or water in Thailand, regardless of where you are eating or staying.

Typhoid Vaccine:

You can get typhoid through contaminated food or water in Thailand. CDC recommends this vaccine for most travelers, especially if you are staying with friends or relatives, visiting smaller cities or rural areas, or if you are an adventurous eater.

It sounds like your doctor is taking good care of you and you should follow his/her advice.

Below are recommendations from the US government's public health agency (the CDC) for Americans traveling to Thailand. Sometimes it is inconvenient to follow all of these precautions, but you have already had some bad luck so you need to try and stay healthy.

Eat and drink safely
Unclean food and water can cause travelers' diarrhea and other diseases. Reduce your risk by sticking to safe food and water habits.

Eat

• Food that is cooked and served hot

• Hard-cooked eggs

• Fruits and vegetables you have washed in clean water or peeled yourself

• Pasteurized dairy products

Don't Eat
  • Food served at room temperature

• Food from street vendors

• Raw or soft-cooked (runny) eggs

• Raw or undercooked (rare) meat or fish

• Unwashed or unpeeled raw fruits and vegetables

• Unpasteurized dairy products

• ”Bushmeat” (monkeys, bats, or other wild game)

Drink
  • Bottled water that is sealed

• Water that has been disinfected

• Ice made with bottled or disinfected water

• Carbonated drinks

• Hot coffee or tea

• Pasteurized milk

Don’t Drink
  • Tap or well water

• Ice made with tap or well water

• Drinks made with tap or well water (such as reconstituted juice)

• Unpasteurized milk
Hepatitis A Vaccine:
CDC recommends this vaccine because you can get hepatitis A through contaminated food or water in Thailand, regardless of where you are eating or staying.

Typhoid Vaccine:

You can get typhoid through contaminated food or water in Thailand. CDC recommends this vaccine for most travelers, especially if you are staying with friends or relatives, visiting smaller cities or rural areas, or if you are an adventurous eater.

thats very helpful i will take that in consideration this informations , I'm going to dive next monday so i will try all the advices here i already bought motion sickness pills the doctors says its gonna make me sleepy so i will try it before the diving day , and i did buy some green tea
i couldn't find the tea bags with ginger like yours here in thailand we have ginger powder without tea i think its strong to drink for breakfast so i will go for the green tee and see how will it goes
IMG_4956.jpg IMG_4960.jpg IMG_4961.jpg

Hi,
I hope your doc did mention that if you have h.p than everybody in the family got it too and they need check/treatments or you will get reinfected, I had it, my family had it. Although they maybe asymptomatic and some tests maybe unreliable with false positive and without symptoms docs won't prescribe meds. so you need to be smart hot to obtain meds for the family.
hp free for life!
B4e

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom