Hello Captains!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

boydski

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
What an excellent idea for a new forum! This should be an excellent place to find and pass on licensing information.

Gary suggested an introduction, so here goes a little background:

USCG Authorized License Training (OUPV, Master 100 Ton) in the Pacific Northwest. :dork2:

Dive Charter Boat Caqtain (Neah Bay, Puget Sound) on a 41' custom built aluminum catamaran.

Former Oil Rig Captain (Master, MODU, Oceans, Unlimited) for 15 years.

Author ( Northwest Wreck Dives ), avid diver and Underwater Photographer.

I hope I can put my background in training and testing for USCG licensing to good use and to help clear up some of the confusion surrounding the whole process.

Hey Captain Boyd,

Welcome aboard and thanks for posting and if you're ever in the Florida Keys, please look me up.

Good Diving,

HI. I agree. A great section.
For my intro...I've had my masters license now for a little over 17 years & never used it (OUPV 100 ton-near shore)! I had thoughts of doing charters but that never materialized. Also, when I first got it the CG was going license crazy. They basically said if you earn any money or equivalent on a boat, then you need a license. In some interpretations that even included going fishing and your friends chipping in for the fuel or bait. Thankfuly they relaxed on that stuff.
Anyway, I have been boating all my life on the south shore of Long Island with the same boat for the last 19 years, a 1987 31 foot Rampage.

Back
Top Bottom