Hello from Gainesville, Fl

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
I just finished my online training and will complete the Open Water training at Devel's Den this Sunday/Monday. My girlfriend is a Master Diver and more excited about my training than I am. haha.
Wish me luck!
Ken

I just finished my online training and will complete the Open Water training at Devel's Den this Sunday/Monday. My girlfriend is a Master Diver and more excited about my training than I am. haha.
Wish me luck!
Ken

Good luck with the dive! Lots of good diving to be had around this area. Try to avoid places like Blue Grotto on the weekends. It can get very busy with out-of-towners, and the vis will probably suck. Your close enough to sneak down on a weekday and you will have a much better dive.

Welcome to SB.

howdy and welcome from your south Florida neighbor......good luck, enjoy, and have fun.

Good luck with the dive! Lots of good diving to be had around this area. Try to avoid places like Blue Grotto on the weekends. It can get very busy with out-of-towners, and the vis will probably suck. Your close enough to sneak down on a weekday and you will have a much better dive.
Just went to Blue Grotto on my open water dive. If going on a weekend, get there around 1:30 and in the water around 2pm. Very few people at that time.

Just went to Blue Grotto on my open water dive. If going on a weekend, get there around 1:30 and in the water around 2pm. Very few people at that time.

How was the viz? I have seen it take a while for things to clear out after a pack of students blow it out.

Hi there and welcome aboard.

I had my OW dive at Blue Gratto too. But it was pretty much nuts there all day.

How was the viz? I have seen it take a while for things to clear out after a pack of students blow it out.
Since it was my first dive there ever, I have no comparison. But at 60 feet down and looking to the surface, I had no trouble seeing the few people from our crew that were there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom