Hello from Portland Oregon!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

_Ishmael_

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello everybody. I just thought I'd sign up on the forum since I'm getting further into diving and finally getting my own gear, etc.

This place seems like a valuable resource and a terrific chance to talk diving with some passionate and knowledgeable folks.

-Ish

Thanks for the warm welcome. I actually have done most of my diving in warm water but got certified up in the Hood Canal. Not sure if that fully counts as the Salish Sea or not but it was great. Looking forward to getting back there.

I've only done 4 dives there and much of that was Skill Testing but I'm actually going up to Hoodsport this weekend to do some fun diving. Just recently I've finally started working towards my divemaster certification so I'll be in the water a lot these next few months. I used to live in SE Asia and nearly did it there but the programs seemed kinda like coasting. I figured that getting my DM in the PNW will get me properly trained and prepared to dive pretty much anywhere.

Any great shore dives you would recommend? Driving is no obstacle so I can go anywhere from Southern Oregon to up past Seattle.

Welcome Ishmael. @filmguy123 is also a Portland member.

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom