Hello from suburban Chicago!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rapid Star

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello fellow divers!
I am a recently certified diver who lives in the suburbs of Chicago and just wanted to say hi to all my fellow divers where ever you are! :) Anyone in the area headed out to Haigh Quarry this weekend?

Hello from Chicagoland! I'm in the NW burbs. Doing pool work for my OW class this weekend. I'll be out at the Quarry in about 3 weeks for my checkout dives.

Hi far western burbs for me!
Nice, which shop are you taking your classes thru? The quarry should be nice and warm for you at that time.

DRIS. The drive isn't bad unless I'm doing it at rush hour.

And you?

Cool, I've heard a lot of good feedback about them. Driving anywhere in Chicago during rush hour is nothing short of an adventure!

I took my OW course thru Below H2O in Naperville. Checkouts were at Haigh Quarry... in the first week of June! Temperatures on the platforms was around 55 degrees! Should be much better for you, last week it was 70 degrees at 20 feet as I remember.

I'll be doing it in a dry suit.

Did mine in a 7 mil with a hood. It was cold but not uncomfortably so. You will be nice and comfortable for sure!

Awesome, you will love scuba diving, it is so addictive!

Yes, as I've already discovered (I took a Discover Scuba class two weeks ago to see how I liked it before signing up for OW).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom