Help me identify my new purchase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crispy12120

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi everyone,

I had the opportunity recently to buy a set of scuba gear for a very good price.
What I purchased included 2x set of regs, 2x bcd (AP buddy sea king and AP buddy commando slimline) wetsuits, weightbelts, fins, etc. (everything came up to less than $200 usd)

Here's a 2nd stage:
12754927_1658323201101432_373793666_o_zpsxkvrlnc1.jpg

A Scubapro G250 with a red diaphragm

the first stage:
12736563_1658323217768097_1215395063_o_zpss2u0g21p.jpg

Another second stage:
12736975_1658323194434766_489356241_o_zpskmkhb0vp.jpg

The com
12499128_1658323181101434_808171330_o_zps2qdgffqi.jpg

and a BCD
12751863_1658323187768100_1207513604_o_zpspeamt7cp.jpg

The equipment will be going in for a service soon but in the meantime if there's anything interesting about any of it, do let me know!

Cheers
Chris

first stage is a mk10 spec i am pretty sure. check the plastic of the 2nd stages for cracks. given the vintage of the regs and bcd, it is doubtful that the bottom timer is going to be useable. afaik the batteries aren't replaceable on them either.

the bcd has an air2 which you can either use or replace with a regular inflator. you could run either the air2 or the pro diver as an octo.

first stage is a mk10 spec i am pretty sure. check the plastic of the 2nd stages for cracks. given the vintage of the regs and bcd, it is doubtful that the bottom timer is going to be useable. afaik the batteries aren't replaceable on them either.

the bcd has an air2 which you can either use or replace with a regular inflator. you could run either the air2 or the pro diver as an octo.

Thanks for that! The first stage is indeed a mk10. The g250 doesn't seem to have any cracks visually. I also popped the bottom timer off and there seems to be no way of replacing the battery on them so you're probably right.

I didn't notice the air2 when I bought the BCD so that's a nice surprise!

Thanks again for your help mate

Won't know the worth till you get it checked but the g250 has a great reputation on SB. The MK 10 spec still has the boot which is not always the case. You have the option of leaving it off or environmentally sealing it with lube and the boot.

Don't know anything about the compass but if you can find a wrist mount it would be very useful even if the bottom timer isn't.

Thats the limit of my possibly helpful info.

Won't know the worth till you get it checked but the g250 has a great reputation on SB. The MK 10 spec still has the boot which is not always the case. You have the option of leaving it off or environmentally sealing it with lube and the boot.

Don't know anything about the compass but if you can find a wrist mount it would be very useful even if the bottom timer isn't.

Thats the limit of my possibly helpful info.

Thanks for the info uncfnp! I'll update this thread once I find out the condition of the g250.
Forgive my ignorance but what does the boot refer to? Unfortunately I'm a bit confused with the terminology even after a bit of searching!

Also fortunately what I purchased came with another set of gauges with compass and analogue depth gauge so that will come in handy!
Thanks again

the boot is the black ring around the mk10. it is used to hold silicon or oxygen compatible lube inside the first stage to prevent ice buildup.

the boot is the black ring around the mk10. it is used to hold silicon or oxygen compatible lube inside the first stage to prevent ice buildup.
I see. Thank you for the knowledge!

Also this is the inflater on the buddy commando slim-line BCD which I think is the AP jacket breathing valve/inflator which allows the user to breath in air from the BCD bladder. Would anyone be able to confirm this?
12752143_1658359761097776_590460372_o_zps8uvmwrsf.jpg

Furthermore, the package also included this Aqualung conshelf XIV
12751858_1658378231095929_1349451791_o_zpsiyaodpso.jpg

and this
12752000_1658378227762596_133797708_o_zpsxx6yvmtw.jpg

Last edited:
You have another great first stage, the Conshelf is one of the best first stages ever built. Very dependable and easily serviced worldwide.

You have another great first stage, the Conshelf is one of the best first stages ever built. Very dependable and easily serviced worldwide.
Thanks mate! That's great to hear

Both first stages (Mk-10 and Conshelf) are very good regulators and can easily match any high end reg sold today, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. The G250 is a good second and well worth using, again few if any current second stages are any better than it is. The Pro diver may be an issue, there was one model that looked like it that was a one off and no parts are available. I can't tell which without seeing the inside. If it uses the standard USD internals (the one off didn't) then it can easily be serviced and will make an OK primary and a good octo. In any event, by adding a good set of second stages to both first, you have solid regs that will last a life time.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom