Help me identify my new purchase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Also this is the inflater on the buddy commando slim-line BCD which I think is the AP jacket breathing valve/inflator which allows the user to breath in air from the BCD bladder.

Is this a typo? You do not want to breath in air from a bladder. That air tends to have all sort of pathogens in it. You blow air into a bladder to inflate it if there is a failure in the inflation system when at the surface.

Both first stages (Mk-10 and Conshelf) are very good regulators and can easily match any high end reg sold today, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. The G250 is a good second and well worth using, again few if any current second stages are any better than it is. The Pro diver may be an issue, there was one model that looked like it that was a one off and no parts are available. I can't tell which without seeing the inside. If it uses the standard USD internals (the one off didn't) then it can easily be serviced and will make an OK primary and a good octo. In any event, by adding a good set of second stages to both first, you have solid regs that will last a life time.
Hi Herman, thank you for that! I'll make sure to ask about the pro diver when I take these in to the LDS for service. Yes the plan is to add a good set of seconds to both first stages so I will hopefully have 2 functional set of regs.
Cheers!

Is this a typo? You do not want to breath in air from a bladder. That air tends to have all sort of pathogens in it. You blow air into a bladder to inflate it if there is a failure in the inflation system when at the surface.

Yeap I have heard of how unclean the bladder air can be. The valve does seem to be designed so that in emergencies people can breath from their BCD as well as manual inflation of course when there is a failure in the inflater system at surface
Page 4: http://www.simplyscuba.com/pdf/ScubaManuals/BCDs/Buddy Instruction Manual.pdf
Cheers!

Hi Herman, thank you for that! I'll make sure to ask about the pro diver when I take these in to the LDS for service. Yes the plan is to add a good set of seconds to both first stages so I will hopefully have 2 functional set of regs.
Cheers!

Yeap I have heard of how unclean the bladder air can be. The valve does seem to be designed so that in emergencies people can breath from their BCD as well as manual inflation of course when there is a failure in the inflater system at surface
Page 4: http://www.simplyscuba.com/pdf/ScubaManuals/BCDs/Buddy Instruction Manual.pdf
Cheers!

The air does NOT come from inside of the bladder, it is directed from the LP inflator hose connected to the bcd. The LP hose adds air to the bcd and lets you breath off of the air2.

Back
Top Bottom