help thaw my frozen fingers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

one of the guys I dive with uses electric heated liners in his dry gloves, they cost about $70 at motor cycle stores

From what I've been told, mid to high thirties is the norm; forties are considered a heat wave. Please don't ask why I would want to dive in those temps, I'm not sure I have figured it out yet.

From what I've been told, mid to high thirties is the norm; forties are considered a heat wave. Please don't ask why I would want to dive in those temps, I'm not sure I have figured it out yet.

No crowds. :D

My reasons include enjoying the solitude, perhaps with a like-minded buddy, enjoying some better vis....and of course, being suspended in liquid space is always nice! :)

It can be done in real comfort if you use enough thermal protection. For me, that includes extra insulation, drygloves with two sets of liners, an icecap underhood and enough weight to keep some loft in the insulation.

My winter dives are usually only shortened by my air supply, just like in the summertime. :D

Dave C

hi all. i use viking rings [the pull the glove over type] for sport and pvc pipe taped inside the wrist seals [ 3 1/2 in connector, cut in half, remove the little ridge on the inside, smooth edges. $1.50 / pr.] put inside the wrist seal, put old latex gove over cuff area and tape in place [ the old glove keeps the tape sticky from eating the wrist seal] for work. the gloves we use are marigold's approx. $25/dozen pr at marine supply store. no need to tape over vikings, but need to tape over pipe cuffs . bit of a pain taping and un-taping every time u need to remove, so got a pr of vaccum cleaner drive belts to stretch over the gloves [ more enviro friendly, less tape everywhere!]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom