Here to gain insight from other divers and get into Scuba Board! Bay Area Dive Instructor, Lived in Hawaii Florida and now Nor Cal. Diving is coo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Wussup divers, I'm exited to join Scuba Board! Can't wait to get into it and learn and laugh with you guys.

Some things I'm here for.

- Starting a successful dive business
- Learning about teaching methods
- Finding out what I'm missing out on
- Learning and connecting with divers
- Dive spots in Nor Cal and beyond to seek out
- Potential Local Customers or Dive Buddies in the bay area
- A good laugh

Have nice day

Welcome to scubaboard from Santa Rosa!
I can do my best to help you out if you have any questions about the North Coast, Sonoma and Mendocino Counties.
As for Monterey, there is a whole cadre of divers better informed to discuss that area. Sounds like a lot of your activity will be in Monterey since you are based in San Jose.

Welcome to Scubaboard! Looking forward to your participation here.

Welcome to scubaboard from Santa Rosa!
I can do my best to help you out if you have any questions about the North Coast, Sonoma and Mendocino Counties.
As for Monterey, there is a whole cadre of divers better informed to discuss that area. Sounds like a lot of your activity will be in Monterey since you are based in San Jose.
Hey Eric!
I'd love to pick your brain about North Coast Diving. My last dive there was at this spot just south of ocean cove and stillwater cove, during the heat of the pandemic where they taped off all the coastal parking up there. I think we parked by an old hotel motel and hiked down. I used to abalone dive out of stillwater cove area on the way up to Mendocino, but haven't explored waters much north of there.
I was thinking of taking some trips up that way this summer and would love to see about some epic scuba diving up there!

Attachments

• 20200417_150128.jpg
    20200417_150128.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 38
  • 20200417_150137.jpg
    20200417_150137.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 48
  • 20200417_144829.jpg
    20200417_144829.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 41
  • 20200417_144706.jpg
    20200417_144706.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 43
  • 20200417_094750.jpg
    20200417_094750.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 40
Hey Eric!
I'd love to pick your brain about North Coast Diving. My last dive there was at this spot just south of ocean cove and stillwater cove, during the heat of the pandemic where they taped off all the coastal parking up there. I think we parked by an old hotel motel and hiked down. I used to abalone dive out of stillwater cove area on the way up to Mendocino, but haven't explored waters much north of there.
I was thinking of taking some trips up that way this summer and would love to see about some epic scuba diving up there!
Nice fish! Looks like you had a good time.
Yes, the North Coast, It’s a wonderful place, uncrowded, wild, untouched, hard to get to (that’s good, keeps it from getting overrun), unpredictable (keeps things from getting boring), freedom to do what you want and dive they way you want. Plenty of places to camp, pitch a tent, have a campfire, and drink a beer or two.

Anytime you want to dive up here let me know.
I’m planning some urchin removal dives soon. I keep saying that but I really am!
Now that summer is here and conditions are starting to become more predictable, I’m looking at dates to plan dives at Stillwater Cove in Sonoma County. They will be on Sundays.
Many people here have expressed interest in taking part to make a day out if it and help clear purple urchins.
In fact I’m going up to Stillwater Cove tomorrow to do a recon dive just to see what the cove looks like after all the brutal winter storms.
Cheers!

Welcome @ScubaDubaDrew! Out of curiosity which courses do you offer instruction for?

Now that summer is here and conditions are starting to become more predictable, I’m looking at dates to plan dives at Stillwater Cove in Sonoma County. They will be on Sundays.

Looking forward to the upcoming urchin culling, thanks for organizing!

Nice fish! Looks like you had a good time.
Yes, the North Coast, It’s a wonderful place, uncrowded, wild, untouched, hard to get to (that’s good, keeps it from getting overrun), unpredictable (keeps things from getting boring), freedom to do what you want and dive they way you want. Plenty of places to camp, pitch a tent, have a campfire, and drink a beer or two.

Anytime you want to dive up here let me know.
I’m planning some urchin removal dives soon. I keep saying that but I really am!
Many people here have expressed interest in taking part to make a day out if it and help clear purple urchins.
In fact I’m going up to Stillwater Cove tomorrow to do a recon dive just to see what the cove looks like after all the brutal winter storms.
Cheers!
Thanks Eric I'll let you know!

Welcome @ScubaDubaDrew! Out of curiosity which courses do you offer instruction for?

Looking forward to the upcoming urchin culling, thanks for organizing!
I can theoretically teach up to Divemaster, but have only done OW advanced and DSDs thus far and need to prepare in order to effectively and efficiently run Rescue and DM. I'm currently working through Diver Dans in San Jose to achieve my MSDT, which will allow me to teach specialties such as Nitrox.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom