Hi All

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stacey9292

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Hi everybody,

I'm new to this forum and to Scuba diving.

I joined a BSAC club and have done 4 pool sessions and I can't wait to get into the open water! Hoping to do my first open water dive in 6 weeks.

Thank you
Stacey

Hi everybody,

I'm new to this forum and to Scuba diving.

I joined a BSAC club and have done 4 pool sessions and I can't wait to get into the open water! Hoping to do my first open water dive in 6 weeks.

Thank you
Stacey
Welcome Stacey

Welcome to diving and ScubaBoard

Good to see another cold water diver!

Good to see another cold water diver!
I think the plan is some more skills work and then start practicing in the pool with my dry suit. I jumped the gun and bought the drysuit 2 pool sessions in but it means I can practice in the pool with my drysuit after more skills training and use my own dry suit in my first open water dive 😁 I do need to send the drysuit off to get the boots replaced though. I'm a UK size 6 (6.5 in walking boots) but the drysuit boots are a 9 (second hand. Was so excited to find one with my measurements I forgot about the feet). Is there a way I can pad out the boot to make it fit my feet or should I just get the boots replaced (thinking neoprene socks instead of boot as the drysuit is neoprene). Thank you :)

I think the plan is some more skills work and then start practicing in the pool with my dry suit. I jumped the gun and bought the drysuit 2 pool sessions in but it means I can practice in the pool with my drysuit after more skills training and use my own dry suit in my first open water dive 😁 I do need to send the drysuit off to get the boots replaced though. I'm a UK size 6 (6.5 in walking boots) but the drysuit boots are a 9 (second hand. Was so excited to find one with my measurements I forgot about the feet). Is there a way I can pad out the boot to make it fit my feet or should I just get the boots replaced (thinking neoprene socks instead of boot as the drysuit is neoprene). Thank you :)
You need to get the boots replaced with ones that fit you.

Glad you have your own suit. Women are often a a hard fit. Good luck! I got OW and drysuit at the same time.

You need to get the boots replaced with ones that fit you.

Glad you have your own suit. Women are often a a hard fit. Good luck! I got OW and drysuit at the same time.
Thank you.
With regards to neoprene socks or boot sizes is it better to go up a size or 2 to make room for thick socks underneath?

Thank you.
With regards to neoprene socks or boot sizes is it better to go up a size or 2 to make room for thick socks underneath?
You give your shoe size to the drysuit mfg and they determine the size to allow for thick socks.

Probably just one size looking back on when I got my new suit with integrated boots in 2020.

Hello and welcome. I'm. Also fairly new with about 30 dives under my belt. Getting hooked on scuba diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom