Hi everyone from cold Indiana!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PePaw:
Welcome Cheapchick.
Doing my checkout dives at Vortex Springs in Fl. the end of January.
Come join us !:wink:

Thanks for the offer, but I'm doing mine tomorrow and Saturday, the water is 40 F but I figure if I can dive wet in that, Florida diving should be a breeze! Now that I will have that out of the way, I can come dive in Florida just for fun!

jeepchick:
Not if you run fast and don't get caught! Besides, what fun is it if there's no chance of getting arrested!

Now I am officially intrigued!!:10:

Tiko:
Oh god , can you really dive in 13 C .
Well, here in the Red Sea we get 22 C lowest temp. and we believe that is cold.

Hi Tiko, you are officially spoilt:D Gets down to about 9C in this part of uk. whereabouts in Red Sea are ya? Land based or livaboard?

PePaw:
Welcome Cheapchick.
Doing my checkout dives at Vortex Springs in Fl. the end of January.
Come join us !:wink:
Cheap? :confused: Eye doctor time!
jeepchick:
Thanks for the offer, but I'm doing mine tomorrow and Saturday, the water is 40 F but I figure if I can dive wet in that, Florida diving should be a breeze! Now that I will have that out of the way, I can come dive in Florida just for fun!
I do hope you have a 7 mil FarmerJohn suit, heavy hood, heavy booties, neoprene socks, heavy gloves, a 5 gallon insulated bucket of warm water with a quart plastic jug for pouring, heave coat with hood, and everything else suggested in the how to stay warm thread on New Divers forum. 40F :11:

Have fun. :crafty:

I do have all of the above that you suggested and the warm blanket, towels, hot soup and of course the cute little sweater hat for after the diving is done!

get yourself a couple of those rechargable chemical hand warmers as well. Little things are amazing

Yeah, dang bifocals !
40 degree water for checkout dives !
Wow !
Can't wait to hear about it.

PePaw:
Yeah, dang bifocals !
40 degree water for checkout dives !
Wow !
Can't wait to hear about it.

Okay, so......I did checkout dives 1 and 2, the water was 46 F, it wasn't bad, one guy got too cold and got out, but I didn't think it was too bad. It was sooooo fun! I can't wait to dive in warm water if cold water was that fun! I loved it! So, ready for Saturday to finish the checkout dives and move on to AOW!

jeepchick:
Okay, so......I did checkout dives 1 and 2, the water was 46 F, it wasn't bad, one guy got too cold and got out, but I didn't think it was too bad. It was sooooo fun! I can't wait to dive in warm water if cold water was that fun! I loved it! So, ready for Saturday to finish the checkout dives and move on to AOW!
Hey that is so cool. I've done 47F, and it didn't hurt long - just until the capillaries in my face adjusted, as it was from a warm day. From a cooler day, but staying warm enough, it may not have hurt at all - just as long as it doesn't rob you of core temp.

I'm impressed with your attitude. It's usually the slender ladies who are more chilled and/or wimpy. You get great....! :cheering:
party-smiley-049.gif
party-smiley-020.gif

Hehe, you'll love Cozumel in the summer - just wearing a dive skin (body stocking). :crafty:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom