High Volume or Low Volume???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DSJ once bubbled...
I know all the arguments for low/high volume, but what I dive for is to see stuff, and this mask lets me see more of it.

Massively cool! That thing must be a trip to dive with.

ew1usnr once bubbled...

Massively cool! That thing must be a trip to dive with.

It is. You can find more of my comments at:

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29130

I'm not usually the first to try out new gadgets, but after reading the website and going over the optics I had to try it. I did, and as I report in the other thread I found the claims to be true. The volume isn't all that much larger than other flat panel masks (300ml for the Mega vs. 225ml for the PanGeo) and I get to view things UW like I do above. No distortion, no fragmented views, no magnification, no tunnel vision. That's a revolution. You can get that from most masks when you check them out in the store in air, but you have to take them UW to see what you will see when you dive.

David

I started with a high volume 3 window Beauchat mask. Although it fits fine and a can see ok it does feel large on my face. Also the glass is brought closer to the face in my low volume so I can actually see more with it than my 3 window mask.

I moved to a low volume mask and use my old one as a back up. Clearing is not a problem for me on either mask. I have come to prefer black over clear silicone also due to the suns effects on clear. My mask has turned yellowish. But some people like the way light comes through the skirt. Up to you.

Just make sure it fits you.

Well I bought my mask and snorkel. I got the Ocean Master Z2 and I love it. I haven't dived with it yet but I have used it in the pool. It gits great and is easy to clear. I also bought the OM Dry snorkel and it works better than I ever thought it would. I want to thank you all for your info and helping me make my decision. Hope to have the rest of my equiment soon and be in the water shortly after...

Again thanks,

Tim

I have a Ocean Master dry snorkel and stopped using it for diving because it is very bouyant due to the air trapped in it and tugged at my mask causing it to leak. It is a good snorkel for snorkeling as it does cut down on water in the snorkel.

As far as high volume/low volume question, I started with a TUSA PanaGeo, a high volume model and have since changed to a Sporasub Samuari Elite (ultra-low volume) and love it.

Back
Top Bottom