HMAS Brisbane

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Searcaigh

Seahorse Wrangler
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I will be heading down unda in just over 4 weeks and while most of my diving will be around Townsville / Port Douglas, I will be in Brisbane for a few days before I fly back to Dubai.

I am looking at diving HMAS Brisbane at Mooloolaba.

Can anyone recommend a good dive op or tell me which ones to avoid (and why)

I usually dive with Sunreef. They are expensive though. Scubaworld lost my vote when they told me I must leave my fins on when I ascend the ladder post dive. The man made reef has been down 10 years now and has some massive fish on her. There is one groper that must be well over 200kg, huge schools of snapper and mulloway. Be careful though as the reef is covered in scorpion fish, viz can be very low and currents high.

Thanks Chris, I have booked a couple of days diving with Sunreef, a friend of mine also recommended them.

We have heaps of Scorpionfish where I dive locally and our visibility is nothing to write home about 2-5m at best, although we had exceptional visibility yesterday on our first dive.

Thanks Chris, I have booked a couple of days diving with Sunreef, a friend of mine also recommended them.

We have heaps of Scorpionfish where I dive locally and our visibility is nothing to write home about 2-5m at best, although we had exceptional visibility yesterday on our first dive.
Brisbane is a pleasant dive - AOW- not stressful - i went with scubaworld and had no issues with fins as the ladder is easy to use . you can dive the ship comprehensively in two days -theres no need for lines and then plenty of light it would be an enjoyable solo dive

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom