Hmm - new rebreathers every time I check!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hummm,
Should I send this thread to my Diverite Rep.... HA !!!!! :11:

Diverite has made some interesting decisions, shame really.

Well, see what happens... Let the home builders get ahold of it and the potential will show through in shining colors.

Sounds about right Crazyduck...why is it that it always takes that? Can't someone just build it right from the start?!? Didn't mean to offend any sleazy women...
:)

jptrealty:
Theres nothing wrong with sleazy women, in fact there quite fun....
It's getting scary, we're in agreement again. :wink:

I'd be a lot happier with a couple of sluts than 72 virgins! :D

My wife is on this board, so NC. (But I'm in complete agreement with you guys. God, please don't let her read this post?) :wink:

tlessard:
My wife ... God, please don't let her read this post?
One of the most dangerous, sneaky and underestimated problems with rebreathers is hyperspousia!

Yes, I have come to realize that in my quest for a RB. I've been working on it since about March of this year. Usually when I try to discuss it, I get the quiet treatment. Something about the cost and fear of my death? She's a DM too, so she's really in the know when it comes to the warnings of the 'death machines'. See, she's not so good at complex math...I, on the other hand, am a spacial mathematician. So, I understand that the way to not die is to work the numbers. And then work them again. And again. And then one more time to make sure you ran them right on your 3rd check. I also work in IT, so I understand that redundancy insures up-time. In this case, up time is my life, so the costs are marginally high...which means my RB will not run MS Windows. This is also part of the reason I have settled on KISS technology...my built-in learning software running on redundant hardware is going to be my best bet for survival. But try selling that to your significant other...

:p

When I got a C- every once in a while in school I'd always go home and say I got a D.
After the first shock set in I's tell my parents I was just kidding, it was actually a C-.
They were relieved. :wink:

Psychological warfare, just gotta find something worse than a rebreather, then settle on one.

In reference to selling the concept to your significant other.

This is a tough one if they have concerns and have heard all the trash talk.
I would suggest taking her to a rebreather instructor and letting you both go through an “rebreather introduction” together and let her see first hand how the system operates.

When I did mine with the PRISM there was a couple and the lady was very quietly listening and watching what the instructor had to say. She asked her fair share of questions and by the end she was one of the biggest proponents when they set up a system and she tried it for size and weight.

What I have found is that your loved one probably needs is someone with a very positive, excited experience and wanting to share the system and his/her experiences with the system. So you need some rocking Positive Vodoo- or the truth will work.

Best of luck, and if that does not work tell her you are thinking about going back to school to become a specialty deep (Comnex) commercial diver. She will change her mind in a blink.

tlessard:
Yes, I have come to realize that in my quest for a RB. I've been working on it since about March of this year. Usually when I try to discuss it, I get the quiet treatment. Something about the cost and fear of my death? She's a DM too, so she's really in the know when it comes to the warnings of the 'death machines'. See, she's not so good at complex math...I, on the other hand, am a spacial mathematician. So, I understand that the way to not die is to work the numbers. And then work them again. And again. And then one more time to make sure you ran them right on your 3rd check. I also work in IT, so I understand that redundancy insures up-time. In this case, up time is my life, so the costs are marginally high...which means my RB will not run MS Windows. This is also part of the reason I have settled on KISS technology...my built-in learning software running on redundant hardware is going to be my best bet for survival. But try selling that to your significant other...

:p

You mean we were in agreement till you had to run off and get married!

LOL

I was having a tough sell at home too, what worked for me was coming iun from a dive with several lady friends (first step), they started proclaiming how it was that diving the rebreather was the first time they had ever been warm. (second step). My wife questioned them on the units and afterwards I was told not only was she feeling a lot better about my diving, but that she wanted to try it now. (home run). Now I own two units.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom